Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/Ntl phone handsets?

Options
  • 28-07-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I've just had the UPC/ntl 10mb BB and phone service installed and very happy with it so far.
    My only gripe is that the ntl technician supplied me with just 1 cordless Siemens phone which is now connected to my tv point in my living room.
    I need 3 phone points in the house but I have no idea where I can get extra handsets. Anyone else found extra handsets?

I can't get extra handsets for the Philips cordless phones which I've been using up to now because Philips no longer manufacture the model I have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Can you get more of the Siemens one? I thought they were just plugged into the modem using standard RJ-11. Do you have 4 Philips cordless you could use?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Argos?

DECT handsets are supposed to be compatible. You should be able to pair extra statons to the DECT base.

The Modem will work with most DECT bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

if a DECT base station and handset are "GAP compatible" then they will work together, no matter what the manufacturer. This will be marked on the box/in the manual.

And when did they start giving out a free phone??? I got the ntl phone service last oct and I wasn't given a phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sorted

Thanks everyone for advice. Only problem now is finding somewhere to buy a stand-alone GAP compatible extra handset. Anyone know where I can buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

To state the obvious - would UPC not sell you one? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Sorted wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for advice. Only problem now is finding somewhere to buy a stand-alone GAP compatible extra handset. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Argos or probably most bigger shops. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yep they do give you free phones if you are getting phone with them

I got the standard Siemans but ditched it and got the panasonic pair in Argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I got the rubbish phone from UPC. It was really bad, wouldn't hold a charge for 12 hours. Chanced my arm and hooked up my Al*di base unit and cordless handsets - have not looked back since. Got a two set piece in Al*di for €35. Beauty of them is that they use normal rechargeable batteries rather than a battery pack like other cordless sets I have used.

ITS

Advertisement