Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geometry Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Jesus I'm crap at pacifism.. I think Smellys total is a couple of hundred million and i think the highest ive managed is 300,000!! Loving the game tho

Feel free to add me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The achievements are a great challenge in this. Alot more achievable than the ones in Geometry Wars 1.

I spent over a half an hour last night trying to get the Treaty Achievement (activate 30 rings without shooting in King Mode). Got 28 a few times, and 29 once. So bloody close.

Surfing and Phobia are also a challenge but doable. Should get them the next time.

I don't even want to think about Wax Off yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mr E wrote: »
    The achievements are a great challenge in this. Alot more achievable than the ones in Geometry Wars 1.

They really are! (on both counts)

What's your gamertag man? i'm not sure if I have you there.

Added you mise.

This game is a 10 out of 10 as far as i'm concerned! fookin class. I need to start moving up the leaderboards though. :o

Gamertag is HeyHeyAces
    Go ahead and add me to your list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I spent over a half an hour last night trying to get the Treaty Achievement (activate 30 rings without shooting in King Mode). Got 28 a few times, and 29 once. So bloody close.

Surfing and Phobia are also a challenge but doable. Should get them the next time.

I don't even want to think about Wax Off yet...

Achievements are definitely much more doable this time around. The 2 sequence ones will be the hardest I'd imagine (also conveniently the only 2 I don't have :p). Next to that I'd say treaty was the most difficult, you just gotta get a little lucky with the zone spawns and just tip them and go. Wax-off wasn't that bad IMO, but then again you can see I'm a fan of Pacifism :p.

I'm slowly coming into reach of that King score from Freaky Drunk!

There truly is no better game for the unemployed gamer. :pac:

• Advertisement

I've seen the Smile achievement done (there is a video on youtube of it). Takes a decent amount of skill, thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I'm totally rubbish, but practice will make perfect :) [Pacifist mode is impossible]

I'm last of 9 or 10 people on all 6 leaderboards

tag: vagga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I'm totally rubbish, but practice will make perfect :) [Pacifist mode is impossible]

I'm last of 9 or 10 people on all 6 leaderboards

tag: vagga

Don't worry I am the same as you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Sorry Retro, couldn't wait two weeks!

This is fantastic, what a game! Some of the new shapes are cool (triangles and gates) and the new modes are excellent. I dunno if I'm mad about the geom things from the DS version and I'm extra unsure about holding onto them after you die, although maybe that's just the sadist in me.

We need more people on the leaderboards please!

Your score is ridiculous, no one here has a chance of beating it, actually more like no chance of beating it in any of the modes :P

Its a great game even when your crap at it :)
    I broke a bit off my black controller yesterday when the bomb didn't go off and I died.........maybe if I had a bomb left it might have gone off :o

Edit: I've added the gamertags I didn't have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

The leaderboards are cool - I've sent invites to everyone in this topic. My tag is Txm Wxlsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Damn you, damn you all to hell. That is one addictive game. Mayhaps I too will invest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Just.....one......more......go.

Woo! Got that King score, finally! :D

Terminator is making ground though, I've got my eye on you! :p

Apart from Waves and King your scores are just way out there. No chance to catch them. :eek: I'm battling for 2nd place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

RAIN wrote: »

Wow! that's weird! cool though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'm going to have to add a load of you lads, no one on my friends list has this yet so it's a bit lonely looking at a scoreboard with just me on it. I'm Swordfisd, an attack of dyslexia when originally entering my gamertag.

A friend of mine has some very good scores.... nowhere near SmellyIrishMan (freak) but he has second highest on my friends list on one of the modes. He told me to post up his tag here, so feel free to add him: ovrk1ll

(Especially Terminator, SmellyIrishMan and Mountain Lips) :)

Jip wrote: »
    I'm going to have to add a load of you lads, no one on my friends list has this yet so it's a bit lonely looking at a scoreboard with just me on it. I'm Swordfisd, an attack of dyslexia when originally entering my gamertag.

Ha Ha! I like it.... i'll add you anyway! the more the merrier!

A friend of mine has some very good scores.... nowhere near SmellyIrishMan (freak) but he has second highest on my friends list on one of the modes. He told me to post up his tag here, so feel free to add him: ovrk1ll

(Especially Terminator, SmellyIrishMan and Mountain Lips) :)

Added him too!

Yay - I'm top in King Mode! (for now)

Good stuff Mr E - I have added your friend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ovrk1ll

Cheers guys. Just got my login sorted on boards. Didn't have one earlier. Thanks for the invites will accept them later as soon as i'm online.

Addiicted to the game since it came out. Got it the weekend and must have racked up about 24 hours play on it so far. Sill those last 2 achievements to get to finish the sequence.

Terminator wrote: »

Yo! I don't think i have you on my list... what's your gamertag?

Txm Wxlsh (I think i sent you a friend request)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was playing the demo of this at the weekend and OMFG! I missed out on the first one completely (only a recent 360 owner) and I definitely think I'll be getting this. Managed to hit close to a million points on my second attempt which I think it pretty ok. :)

Txm Wxlsh (I think i sent you a friend request)

Ah! i have you already then! I'm blind as a bat, as it's in your sig!

Yoink. (sorry!:P)

You've come a long way Mr.E!

Smellyirishman - I hate you! ;)

Only joking, i'm just intensely jealous.....

Yoink. (sorry!:P)

You've come a long way Mr.E!

*shakes fist* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fecking fantastic game! Can't believe that it actually manages to improve on the faultless original!
    I even managed to have a higher score than Smelly on evolved for all of 10 minutes!!! (he's now about 15 million points higher than me though:p)
    feel free to add tmoneh - I've added Swordfisd and ovrk1ll already

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm gonna add anyone here is in'st on my friends list later :)
    if anyone doesn't want me to just send me a pm here on boards,
    and if I miss anyone who wants more competition on there leaderboard just add me

Advertisement