Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geometry Wars 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Couldn't resist checking where I was on the leaderboard yesterday evening before my wife got home, how disappointed was I ! So I took to the challenge and managed to improve my scores greatly compared to what they were, except for Pacifist, don't think the saying "I'm a lover not a fighter" applies to me.
    Bloody damn addictive game, had to switch it off in the middle of a good run when I heard her car coming in the drive, I was supposed to be making the dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I bought this the other day but have yet to try it out. The first outing was very good, even if I was proper **** at it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Someday I'll beat my high score! :pac: Can't wait for the 2nd, might encourage me to go back and finally get the rest of (or the majority of) the achievements for the 1st. Been so close a few times. I'll give you 2 weeks head start Retro :p

Last time I checked my friends list I was top with a little over 1 million. Then I go online last Friday at a friends house and see you with, what is it 1.6 million... Sweet jebus :)

Question; did you manage to get the 10x multiplier? Don't think I've ever gotten more than 7x :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its funny, I played GW1 a good bit when it game out, and I couldn't even get the pacifism or 100k achievement. After 3 or 4 days of GW2 I had a go at it and finally got some gamer points. :)

From what I can see, you can get all 12 achievements in 1 game - all you have to do is survive for about 8 minutes without using any bombs. How hard can that be? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mr E wrote: »
    From what I can see, you can get all 12 achievements in 1 game - all you have to do is survive for about 8 minutes without using any bombs. How hard can that be? :)

Are you talking about GW1 or 2? A lot of the achievements in GW2 are spread across different game modes. Wax on and wax off are for one game mode, Surf is for another, Phobia is for yet another...
    The achievements are way easier than GW1, but they're still no walk in the park!

• Advertisement

No I mean GW1. The achievements are pacifism, a bunch of score related ones, a bunch of multiplier related ones, get 9 bombs, and get 9 lives. All are possible in a single game if you survive for about 8 minutes. Look it up on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Question; did you manage to get the 10x multiplier? Don't think I've ever gotten more than 7x :o

I am missing a few GW achievements (not for lack of trying, and I've been desperately close a few times). Think I'll go back in a bit and see if 2 has made me any better.

I need;
    Multitastic (10x multiplier)
    QuarterMaster (Collect 9 bombs)
    Survive 500k
    Survive 1mil

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I've sent out a fresh wave of invites looking forward to this score bashing tbh
    I haven't seen thread on boards that's got my hyped like this in ages :P

Bring it on, Denis. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

hmm I might be able to pop home for some gaming at lunch at half six see if I can make some high scores :)

• Advertisement

I'm kicking myself.... I was on the second last level of Sequence (snakefest), on my last life with 2 bombs. I realised with a big fright that I was in sniffing distance of SmellyIrishMan's score (37m vs. 40m) and I fluffed it. Stupid stupid stupid.

If I hadn't looked at the score I might have got it.

Damn you Smelly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I am missing a few GW achievements (not for lack of trying, and I've been desperately close a few times). Think I'll go back in a bit and see if 2 has made me any better.

I need;
    Multitastic (10x multiplier)
    QuarterMaster (Collect 9 bombs)
    Survive 500k
    Survive 1mil

Hey, just checked there, we have the same ones left to get. I'm hoping to get online tomorrow to get GW2.

Anyway, not sure how it happened for you, but I got the 9 lives achievement by surviving to 450k (6 x 75k) but then died before 500k... :o So harsh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Jip wrote: »
    Bloody damn addictive game, had to switch it off in the middle of a good run when I heard her car coming in the drive, I was supposed to be making the dinner.

Ha! i'm guilty of that too!

What's your gamertag? i'm not sure if i have you yet.... mine's in sig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'm Swordfisd It'll probably be the weekend before I get to play again due to bloody work comitments.

edit: just realise I have you already !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

You think work would understand... "Sorry I can't come in today. I'm trying to beat SmellyIrishMan's score on Geometry Wars".

Finished Sequence last night and pipped SmellyIrishMan's score. I know it'll probably be beaten again by the time I get home tonight BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE AWAY THE SENSE OF PRIDE I FELT LAST NIGHT. Smell that. :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

fair play, can't see myself ever getting to the end of sequence!

Mr E wrote: »
    I know it'll probably be beaten again by the time I get home tonight...

Starting now... :pac: (to try beat you that is, just so we're clear :P)

Good stuff :)

By the way, a friend of mine (ovrk1ll) tried sending you an invite, but he got a message back saying your friends list was full !!

Any way you can clean it up a bit? How many contacts do you have in there?

Order has been restored (/phew). :pac: Might have gone a little higher but thought I had a bomb at the end when I didn't >.<. I hadn't got anywhere near the score (mostly because I kept restarting in frustration after I'd whack into some stupid shape) then bish bash bosh, 56mil :P. There are a few "levels" that you really need to get down in order to put up good numbers.

I'll kill some friends off my list now, it's so awkward having that 100 peep limit, obviously not all serious friends but it's nice to have a full list of choice/competition :p.

{EDIT} Added your mate.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, thanks.

So what are your tips for Sequence? There is one level (12 or 13 I think, before the waves and snakes) where if you don't use a bomb, you can make 10m+.

Where do you 'have' to use a bomb? The one with all the greenies? The one with the seekers and the purple guys on the outside?

Hmm, lets see.

The one with all the greens is very hard to complete. I think I've yet to beat it legitimately, however, if I'm going purely for score then I will try to kill as many greens as possible and just let the time run out for the remaining 5-15 instead of wasting a bomb on them, if there is a load of them left then it's a good spot to bomb and get some geo. Remember, if you're going just for a high score then it doesn't matter how many times you run out of time so don't waste a bomb on a couple of final shapes, save them for the "must have" parts, or for when there is a large gathering.

Have to use a bomb on Snakes & Triangles (But wait for a bit so you get a mountain of geom) and the one where all the windmills spawn around you after some greens and purples chase you. I should probably just prepare for it better but I use a bomb up until now (If I remember to). The one with just triangles rocket things is a bitch too.

Don't die on the hard levels with tons of "easy" bad guys. Like the one where a line of blue spawn up top and bottom and purples at either side, then again but with the sides reversed followed by a load of gates. They're easy enough to kill and there is a whole load of geom in there. The way I play that level is to shot through the top blues and go up into the hole, don't shoot any purples or it will get very ugly, circle around and shoot through the side of the next blue spawn then unleash hell on everything.

Or the level where you keep getting boxed in by blues, if you die early in that, or die without bombing then you miss a lot of geom.

I can't really remember the levels in order so it's hard to give tips without playing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yay, I'm on top of sequence... wonder how long it'll last :o

But yay!

Are you RubberDuck9000, Ivan?
    Good job if you are. :)

Aye, I am... 662nd in the world, apparently :D

Cant really touch any of the other scores though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Just got this game today. Added a few of ye that weren't on my list to beef up my leaderboard. I think i will be a long way off the pace til i get some practice in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ovrk1ll

Tnx for the invites all. Should have got most of them now. Gives a good choice of levels with scores to target. Man this is going to be hard looking at some of them. All my free time is gone out the window for a while....

Got 78 million in sequence. A friend came over and beat my own score with my account, that was a huge motivator in getting 78 million... couldnt have someone elses score as my own :p

In the top 200 in the world now, but I'm pretty sure I can go a little higher! :D

Top score in sequence is about 250m, so you have a bit to go.
    I'd love to see a video of that.

The key to huge scores lies in your pacifism skills, and not using bombs where you think you HAVE to use them. I think all levels can be completed without bombs - you just need to figure out a way of doing it.

Anyway, well done Ivan... 78m will be tough to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I think I've peaked in some of the modes - can't beat my old scores even. :(

Advertisement