Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geometry Wars 2

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Been away for a while guys. Bought this the day it came out then my internet went! Could only play trial game even though Id bought it:mad: like wtf is with that. Anyway back online today.

Dr Gonzo20 add me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »
    This Smile achievement is the monkey on my back at the moment...
    Die Monkey, Die. Thank christ thats over. Now to try for some scores! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone here got any tips for the Treaty achievement? I spent two hours trying to get it last night but kept getting hit around 25 or 26.

Some of the achievements (like Treaty and Wax Off) require a good bit of luck with enemy placement. The main tip is keep moving (obvious I know) - don't let enemies surround a safe zone.

There is no real strategy to it, but having great manoeuvring skills helps - you need to be able to make those tight gaps.

When I'm approaching 30 is it better to keep moving from circle to circle or wait a second in each one?

I am about ready to give up on the achievement. It doesn't bode welll for Smile!

• Advertisement

I think keep moving and get it over with. You can't stay in a safe zone for more than half a second or you'll be overwhelmed.

You need a bit of luck with the safe zone placement too - only 3 safe zones can exist on the screen at once and its much harder when they are far apart.

Also for the blue guys following you around - safe zones slow them down a bit, so if you fly straight through a safe zone, the blue guys are held back for a second giving you some breathing room.

Cool, thanks. I'll give it another shot tonight.

For anyone who feels like showing off: http://inside.mygamercard.net/2008/08/15/geometry-wars-2-scorecard-displays-your-lack-of-skill/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

*phew* This game must be the ultimate "One more go..." game. The leaderboard in the upper right corner is a stroke of evil genius. Trying to work on my deadline high score: third now, although don't know if I'll ever topple Smellyirishmans terrifying score!

If you're terrified by SIM's score, don't add DjMorphos to your friends list. :)
    (He posted his gamertag a few pages back)

Edit: Sorry - DjMorphos has a terrifying pacifism score.
    Add Ovrk1ll for an intermediate Deadline score to shoot for (about 9m)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DjMorphos

293 mi in pacifism =)

God guided my thumb lol

Now Im really looking forward on beating SIM's deadline score...

Must... get... geoms!

• Advertisement

New high score in evolved: 55 million

Now to get the damned SMIs deadline highscore hehehe..

SIM has some work to do. :)

I'm still trying for Smile. HeyHeyAces guide was pretty good coupled with some Youtube video guides. I've nearly got it!

My downfall in Smile (and the reason it took me so long) was my mindset - if I was doing well and I died in the wrong spot, I'd think "Ah I'll continue - this might be a good score".

Don't do that. :)

For levels 11,15,17,18 and 19, just stay still in the middle of the screen and die! You can worry about scores later.

I also turned off the music (in the GW2 settings). It really helped me concentrate (and it was driving me nuts anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I got a pretty good score score on pacifism there (disregarding Djmorphos fantastic score of course! ;))

112,000,000ish - pretty pleased with that, it should have been higher but I died in a crappy way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Mr E wrote: »
    SIM has some work to do. :)

Hmm, looks like it. Not as much free time any more though, haven't played in ages :(.

I got a pretty good score score on pacifism there (disregarding Djmorphos fantastic score of course! ;))

112,000,000ish - pretty pleased with that, it should have been higher but I died in a crappy way!

Yeah.. been there mate... the thing is after you pass the 100 million point mark you just gotta be really lucky with the gates. Your multiplyer will be very high so if you manage to get a "perfect" gate explosion (you know what I mean) you can be aiming for 20 to 30 million points per gate.

So you just gotta keep calm and don't let those blues live too long... you need to be lucky with the gates but if you wait too long and let them mass chances are you will be trapped in a corner thanks to the HUGE amount of blue spawning everywhere... also you may have already noticed this, but try to avoid the corners anyway... its where the blue spawns and they have this bad habit of spawning in the same corner that you are heheh

And you know... practice! I had to play pacifism 3 days straight to get that score heheheheh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

just lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmUoqfeDdU#

I got 151 million last night im on top of my friends leader boards now I can stop for awhile :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Lol omg =(

That guy has some serious skills

Advertisement