Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I go lenses

• 28-07-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi
    Has anyone any experience of these? I read about them in a magazine and I immediately had to find out more about them. Only problem is that i can't find any other information on them besides their direct website.

They are basically contact lenses you wear in your sleep...and they correct the shape of your eyeball...so that when you wake the next day and take them out you can see!

Its definitely something that I would be interested in But I don't want to have to go to the trouble of getting them if they are not worth the trouble.

If anyone has any experience of them please post it here.
    Thanks!

Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hitch

Hi Sean,

I’ve been wearing the lenses for a month now and they are really good. I used to wear daily contacts and my main reason for switching other than convenience is that my eyes feel better because they get a break during the day.
    After wearing them the first night they felt a bit strange cos I’m used to wearing soft lenses but it’s been three weeks now and they are really comfortable.

I called this number 0800 077 7185 and they put me in touch with my nearest iGo outlet in London and after having a few tests I was fitted about a week later and I still can’t believe that I’ve got perfect sight during the day – with no lenses in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

Well i'm not willing to travel over to London. So i guess i'll just have to wait until they roll them out in Ireland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hi Sean.
    There's lenses called Ortho-K lenses that id say are much the same as Igo lenses. They're only suitable for certain prescritions tho. Only certain opticians work with them so do a bit of research

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Hitch wrote: »
    Hi Sean,

I’ve been wearing the lenses for a month now and they are really good. I used to wear daily contacts and my main reason for switching other than convenience is that my eyes feel better because they get a break during the day.
    After wearing them the first night they felt a bit strange cos I’m used to wearing soft lenses but it’s been three weeks now and they are really comfortable.

I called this number 0800 077 7185 and they put me in touch with my nearest iGo outlet in London and after having a few tests I was fitted about a week later and I still can’t believe that I’ve got perfect sight during the day – with no lenses in!

You wouldn't be affiliated with I go lenses by any chance.

Spoke to an optician about them. Generally Irish opticians don't recommend them cos they are engineering a new corneal shape to temporarily correct prescription. This can lead to weakening of the corneal wall and vessals. They are common practice in Asia but not in the western world

Advertisement