Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie O'Dea to shave his moustache?

Options
  • 28-07-2008 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhqlkfeygbql/rss2/

Boylesports offers €10,000 for O’Dea to shave moustache

The Minister for Defence Willie O'Dea is being offered €10,000 to shave his moustache by betting company Boylesports

Minister O'Dea is quoted in today's Irish Examiner as saying he would only shave his famous facial hair for charity and it would have to be a substantial amount of money.

Boylesports is now offering to pay the princely sum of €10,000 to the minister's charity of choice if he takes the plunge.

I hope he does it :pac: Is it possible to remove a moustache while keeping it intact? Then it could be auctioned off! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think Willie will have a few words for Boyle Sports..

odea.jpg

"Are you talking to me?":D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Read the title of this and thought now there's one that'll be moved to AH. But then i saw the link!

He should try and get more for it, maybe €50k or something. Then there'd be the argument over which charity should get the money etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

My first boss/mentor gave me one critical piece of advice that I've always stuck to:

"In business, never trust a guy with facial hair or a handkerchief in his suit breat pocket"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Maybe it could be waxed off to get it in one piece op? *winces*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

no never, its timeless, in an age of clean shaven faces one politician has the classic look,

Vote for Wille "hes got a lot of pull"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A masterstroke, saving this gem of a publicity stunt for the political rainy day.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Maybe it could be waxed off to get it in one piece op? *winces*

yeah think of the publicity he could get for some charities if he went for
    "Tear a strip off Fianna Fail" and donated the monies received

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It was on the radio on the way home that apparently Ben Dunne has offered to up it to 50k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

If he cuts it off ,he'll be done for killing charlie chaplin.

Advertisement