Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what IDE for ARM7 dev?

Options
  • 28-07-2008 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

if you have used an ARM IDE in the past or still using one, which one would you recommand?

reqs:
    • runs on windows xp
    • allows code editing, debugging, simulation
    • upload bin to chip via JTAG
    • support for code coverage, profiling, a definite plus!
    • should support the GCC compiler
    • free or within a correct price range (~€1000/seat)

so far I've seen:
    the CrossWorks one, had some mixed reviews with some bad ones about the debugger (being too unstable), Microcross on the other hand seems to be more stable when debugging...

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

From the list you've provided I've only used Keil. I found it to be an excellent tool for generally development.

The last arm7 core chip I used came with a proprietary IDE and compiler, I'll check the name of it in work tomorrow,
    I can't remember if I used Keil for an arm core chip or an intel derivative, but I remember it being quite useful

Hope that helps

Advertisement