Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man in serious condition after stabbing

• 28-07-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

A man remains in a serious condition in Cork University Hospital following a stabbing in Waterford city late last night.

The 31-year-old Waterford man was stabbed once in the chest at a house in Richardsons Meadow in the Kilcohan area of the city just before 12am.

He was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital and then transferred to Cork University Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.

Gardaí arrested a 31-year-old Waterford woman at the time of the incident and she has since been released.
    A file is being prepared for the DPP.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0728/waterford.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Bet ya it was all the pikeys. They have been at that a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

usually if it was traveller related rte bulletins would mention it. especially considering the recent trouble, so far they haven't linked it so it could well have been a domestic dispute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

no news from the garda about it being part of the feud going on recently.... so I reckon its not related either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus we are clearly looking to wrest a few titles from Limerick this year.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

mike65 wrote: »
    Jebus we are clearly looking to wrest a few titles from Limerick this year.

Mike.

I agree with ya Mike, from the looks of things we are the next stab/gun city!!! Will be afraid to walk anywhere the way things are going!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 paddy1mac

It's not related to the "fued" - it was a domestic.

Still it's another notch on our reputation as a mini stab city

By the way on the fued there seems to be a bit of a deliberate news blackout by the Gardai on what they are releasing. Seemingly they are bracing themselves for it to kick off again this weekend i.e. the Spraoi given that resources will be stretched in policing this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

paddy1mac wrote: »
    By the way on the fued there seems to be a bit of a deliberate news blackout by the Gardai on what they are releasing. Seemingly they are bracing themselves for it to kick off again this weekend i.e. the Spraoi given that resources will be stretched in policing this.

Its been very quiet tho and the gardai seemed to have scaled back in general on this, by looking around the City. Plus, im sure they could easily drag in units from around the different counties near us incl. Dublin to increase presense which should already be strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

Waterford has never been a quite place, it has always had it's dark side. A lot of which was never reported on. Not sure why that is but its something I have noticed over the years (thats quite a few).

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Yep, fully agree with the above.

Maybe they hired someone literate in the Waterford RTE office...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Looks like we might be saved from the criminal lists after this .. http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhqlkfojqlid/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

the chaps girlfriend stabbed him in the chest from what i hear from someone that knows him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

now you know its bad when a girlfriend knifes her boyfriend.... not a good sign at all..

Advertisement