Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help getting to the O2 Call Center..

Options
  • 28-07-2008 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Heya,
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to get to the O2 Call Center? I will be going via bus so I assume that I take the 308 and get off at the Uni? I believe the lady then said to walk towards McLoughlin Rd?
    I have an interview there tomorrow at 11 so I dont want to be late.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

yip... once you get to the uni get off at the second bus stop after it leave the university.. the one before it turns up twoardws the kilmurry lodge hotel. once off the bus keep walking straight...the o2 turn off is the second left after the bus stop...should be signposted if not its beside cook ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

Thanks! The lady said you cannot miss it but I am just paranoid..
    Im sure I can ask the driver where I should get off as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Also there's a huge mast which you can't miss when you get off the bus, it should be straight ahead of you. take a left after that and then you'll see 3 flag poles on your left, the entrance is just beside it.

Good luck tomorrow, i worked there for 2 years had a laugh but i've moved on to bigger and better things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Best of luck tomorrow! let us know how u get on, told u to keep at them! :)

Thanks!
    Is there anything around there like a coffeeshop or something? I was thinking of dragging my mister out with me for moral support. If there was something nearby he could do that would be fantastic.
    Does anyone know how to get the Day Pass on the bus? Do you just ask the driver for it or what?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

there is a canteen on site but its employee only...nearest coffee shop is in superquinn... worked there myself for a year in service support...good laugh all right... good luck tommorow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Would Kilmurry Lodge not be closer for a coffee?

You ask for a "daysaver" on the bus. It's €3.20 and you can use as many busses as you like for the day.

After you enter the Univeristy gate there's 3 stops before it comes out again at the white gate. Get off at the second stop after the gate.

Is there any difference between the 308 and the 308a?
    Im thinking of heading outta Caherdavin at about 9. Is that giving myself too much time?

Looks like Im flying solo anyways. The mister prolly woulda gotten bored..

Thanks for the help!

Well hey...
    The interview went great!
    They called me and offered me the position a couple hours later.
    Anyone have any idea what the starting salary is? Benefits n such.
    I know they will go over all of this on the first day but I wanted to see if anyone knows since I know a few of you have worked there.
    Ive always been taught its rude to ask in an interview unless they bring it up..
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

supermommy wrote: »
    Well hey...
    The interview went great!
    They called me and offered me the position a couple hours later.
    Anyone have any idea what the starting salary is? Benefits n such.
    I know they will go over all of this on the first day but I wanted to see if anyone knows since I know a few of you have worked there.
    Ive always been taught its rude to ask in an interview unless they bring it up..
    Thanks
    Dont know if it would be wise to discuss this information on the boards but I'm sure someone can pm the op if they have this information. Well done also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Congratulations!!! Awesome news!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I couldn't be sure about pay and benefits, but I seem to remember a friend who worked there telling me, they don't care if you only work 3 days as long as you work your contracted hours.

You'll also find there's a lot more legal protection for workers here than in the US.

Benefits don't tend to be an issue here as healthcare (which is waht you were mainly referring to I assume), while not cheap, is nowhere as expensive as the US.

Congrats on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Hey supermommy check your pm's

Thanks for all the helpful info!
    Just had an interview on Friday with Dell and it looks like they are gonna offer me a position in customer care. I should hear back Tues/Wed. Im still going to start at O2 on Tuesday but if Dell offers Im all over that.
    Thanks again- the directions I got from you all were fantastic!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 limerickboy

hi everyone. im new to this forum and im in need of help. im looking for jobs in any call centre. and would like to post my resume. i m new to this country. if someone can please help me out. that would be greatful. how do i post my cv to the call centre companies. i duno how it works in ireland. i was thinking oj joining o2 as i am staying near by to the UL. how can i arrange an appointment or do i have to call them to set an interview. waiting for reply
    thanks

Dunno if they are still hiring or not but the only way to get an interview with o2 is to apply through their website..
    Here is a link
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/About+O2/Careers/Your%20Career%20Search
    good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 limerickboy

oh thank you so much, its a big help for me . i ll submit my cv now to this website. also are there any other call centres in this area where i can apply may be dell or some other small call center where i can try my luck, by the way thank you so much for ur help.

Advertisement