Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When things go wrong...

Options
  • 28-07-2008 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Well I was stressaging yesterday, and my horse Ali took an immediate dislike to the judge's table at the bottom of the indoor arena! :o So, once I FINALLY managed to get him into the arena for my first test, and once I went up to the judge to give her my name (with a bit of help I should add...), we entered at A in working trot, and at X he stopped dead and reared up :o He had a couple of more tantrums when we proceeded down the centre line, but eventually he realised that the judge's table wasn't going to eat him... We didn't get a truly awful score thankfully - I got a couple of 6's and 7's and a 7 for my riding so I was quite pleased... I was glad to have actually finished the test in once piece TBH...! Here's a photo my Father took just before Ali decided to wave his two front legs in the air at the judge... :o
    July27thDressage030.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Oh, and BTW, I asked the judge and organiser for permission to ride without a jacket. It was unbelievably hot yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

eventful test! at least you stayed on though, I don't think he was in a very cooperative mood lol. I know what you mean about the heat, yesterday I felt like passing out in an indoor like the one you were in, I ended up getting off, it was too hot to ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Fair play for hanging in there and well done for completing the test!

At least the next time he'll know that the judge ain't out to get him, well except for doing a bad dressage test...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Thanks you two, I was so relieved when I did my final salute!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It's never fun when things like that happen...

I had a young horse who didn't want to go into the dressage arena because of the markers (they weren't quite the same as the ones I was using at home!). Then when she went in she didn't want to go near the outside track. The only thing is once the horse gets a few outings and realises it's not so bad, they relax and perform well. It's really rewarding when you can see the progress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement