Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And my Vice President shall be...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

So it’s Joe! Biden is probably a good pick for Obama politically. An attack dog most willing to get into the fray, and a somewhat average guy to counter Obam‘s elitist tag. He will also help with the Catholic vote which still maintains a considerable bloc in the states.

The choice lends itself for a fun circus-filled campaign coming up. I eagerly await the democratic convention with both the Clintons and now Joe taking center stage. I hear they may have to add an extra day to accommodate the VP acceptance speech for “Everyone’s crazy Irish uncle” (as he’s sometimes referred to around these parts… he originally comes from a couple of towns up the pike from me).

But “HE DOES HAVE A GOOD SOUL.” (a required ending reference when speaking about Joe Biden).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Looking at conservative websites and listening to conservative talk radio it's impossible to miss the Republicans' reaction to Obama choosing Biden: Republicans are very, very happy this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Looking at conservative websites and listening to conservative talk radio it's impossible to miss the Republicans' reaction to Obama choosing Biden: Republicans are very, very happy this morning.

True but I think it's fair to say they're not as happy as they would have been if Obama had of chosen Clinton instead.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

How the hell does one get an "F" in ROTC?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Now I really hope Romney is McCain's Vp; Biden would enjoy tearing him apart. Good tv, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,258 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If he was going to choose any of them Id've hoped it would be Huckabee - I like that guy...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23017599/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

huckabee.jpg

The Huckabee family Christmas card. I wish it were a joke.

PillyPen wrote: »
    huckabee.jpg

The Huckabee family Christmas card. I wish it were a joke.

:eek:

Sweet mother of Jesus

Yes, that picture is only slightly less disturbing than the one taken during Rick Santorum's concession speech, which occurred right here in lovely Pennsylvania.

ricksantorumloser.jpg

Seriously, WTF is that???

...wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Jesus - not sure whats worse, the "dressed to co-ordinate" Huckabees or the "dressed by my grandmother" Santorums.

I mean look at the son - hes got a ****ing blazer, tie and tweed jacket on. FFS its 2008.

Not one of them looks even remotely human. They should be enough to convince anyone to vote Democrat. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

Whats with the huckabees and vertical stripes. AND don't get me started on the Nuclear(Mutant) family from Penn. Jeez republicans look weird

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Latest from Faux News and Drudge is that Romney and Pawlenty are out. drudge seems to think it will be Palin. Can't see that though with the trouble she is having at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

PillyPen wrote: »
    Yes, that picture is only slightly less disturbing than the one taken during Rick Santorum's concession speech, which occurred right here in lovely Pennsylvania.

ricksantorumloser.jpg

Seriously, WTF is that???

Maybe the facial expressions are because of this:
    In 1996, their son Gabriel Michael was born prematurely and lived for only two hours (a sonogram taken before Gabriel was born revealed that his posterior urethral valve was closed and that the prognosis for his survival was therefore poor). Karen Santorum wrote a book about the experience: Letters to Gabriel: The True Story of Gabriel Michael Santorum. In it, she writes that the couple brought the deceased infant home from the hospital and introduced the dead child to their living children as "your brother Gabriel" and slept with the body overnight before returning it to the hospital.

:eek:

More here

According to reports from Senior Republicans (the US variety ;)) John McCain has chosen Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Such a smart move, he'll get a LOT of Clinton voters

Such a smart move, he'll get a LOT of Clinton voters

Very interesting move. She's a generation younger than Biden, very capable and a rising star.

And on a side note, she's easy on the eye :P

juvenal wrote: »
    Very interesting move. She's a generation younger than Biden, very capable and a rising star.

And on a side not e she's easy on the eye :P

Craig Ferguson agrees!

This is going to make the VP debate very interesting.

I also note that while she's pro life she is also a member of the NRA.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I also note that while she's pro life she is also a member of the NRA.

There is a contradiction here?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The NRA hunt homeless people for sport on weekends, so it doesnt sit well with her claimed attitudes on the right to life.

Advertisement