Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handlebar Sizes.

Options
  • 28-07-2008 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Im thinking about changing my flat handlebars to road ones, but im not sure what size i need.

Is there any simple way of figuring it out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

If you take off your current handlebars you'll probably find a marker with the size on it, probably 31.8 or 25.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Indeed, that is the size of the clamp you will need. Regarding the width, you want a pair about the width of your shoulders- wide enough that your knees won't hit your elbows when in the drops but no wider.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭disneyonfire

Thanks to both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Bear in mind that it is quite an expensive thing to do if you want STI levers- you might be better off just buying a second-hand racer.

Need to replace bars, shifters, brakes and possibly your front derailleur. Braking may not be ideal if you have to use cantilevers, I would suggest mini-Vs.

Advertisement