Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rafa's Effect on Alonso

• 28-07-2008 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭

oh like alonso flourished under rafa??:rolleyes:
    outside of injuries rafa ruined him
    take off those red misted glasses NOW

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

staker wrote: »

You cannot be serious.

Alonso has been pretty much ever present when fit since he joined!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ruined him through rotation? Please tell me who he put in the centre of our midfield instead of Alonso

spockety wrote: »
    You cannot be serious.

Alonso has been pretty much ever present when fit since he joined!

Please let him try and explain it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

most stupid post EVER on boards to be honest.

how exactly did Rafas rotation "ruin" Alonso?!

Alonso was always a starter under Rafa, he is the closest to Rafa out of all the players supposedly and Rafa made him into the player he is imo, it was Alonsos form that ruinned him that and a bad run of injuries, but he is young enough to recapture that.

Alonso always plays when fit even when he possibly shouldn't, wat a stupid stupid stupid stupid post. Turn of your comp, you're embarrasing yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Yeah, he took a player from Sociadad, brought him to Liverpool, helped him to a Champions League winners medal, and FA Cup winners medal, helped secure him a Spanish squad place, where he just won a European Cup, captaining Spain in one of the games.

Yeah, Xabi should just retire right now.
    He'll be playing Sunday League next season!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

maybe so, i'm not too well up on his stats tbh but he was a far better player before last season.. i blame rafa's selections but hey, what do i know??
    i just think keane's gonna go the same way. best of luck to him, rake in the dosh.

maybe so, i'm not too well up on his stats tbh but he was a far better player before last season.. i blame rafa's selections but hey, what do i know??
    i just think keane's gonna go the same way. best of luck to him, rake in the dosh.

Best question ive seen from you yet.

Alonso in his first season looked like he would be one of the best central midfielders in the world. His form has dropped drastically since then mainly because other teams know how to play against him, pressure him and he wont be able to play the long passes we all know he can. He has had some injuries too which are obviously Rafa's fault.

Anytime Alonso was fit he was on the pitch and a lot of times he was on it unfit because he wanted to play. He has never been rotated in his Anfield career.

Now move along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,710 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

helped secure him a Spanish squad place, where he just won a European Cup, captaining Spain in one of the games.

In fairness he secured his place long before he came to Liverpool, if anything since then he has lost his starting place.

.[/thread]

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

This thread is completely ridiculous and pointless. The OP has already admitted that he had no facts to hand whatsoever when making his original assertion that rotation destroyed Alonso.

I respectfully and humbly suggest and request to the mods that this thread be closed/locked.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    In fairness he secured his place long before he came to Liverpool, if anything since then he has lost his starting place.

Roughly 90% of Alonso's Spanish caps have been since he joined Liverpool.
    (He was only 22 after all.)

He had played for spain, and was part of a 28 man squad, but by no means a regular.

spockety wrote: »
    This thread is completely ridiculous and pointless. The OP has already admitted that he had no facts to hand whatsoever when making his original assertion that rotation destroyed Alonso.

I respectfully and humbly suggest and request to the mods that this thread be closed/locked.

Couldnt agree more

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

why is this a thread? Could you not make your pointless argument in the liverpool thread about Rafa ruining Alosno through rotation (even though when fit he's first choice). some poor form and injuries affected Alonso maybe now that he is injury free and has had a rest plus succesful summer football with Spain aswell as a kick up the arse due to the Barry Saga hw will be back on form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i didn't start this thread. i gave an opinion and it's been blown out of proportion. someone else used my post as a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement