Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Book as Proof of Address for Grant?

• 28-07-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey all!

Can anybody tell me if a rent book is deemed sufficent proof of address when applying for the grant? I am applying as an independent mature student doing a post-grad.
    All bills were kept in my landlord's name and I used my parents address for bank statements etc. so I really have no other proof.

Local radio today had a feature on the grant application process and urged everyone to fill out forms asap and contact relevent offices for any help needed. When I tried to contact the office this afternoon, they were closed on holiday!! ......Kinda like Santa putting his feet up on Christmas Eve. Maybe its a Donegal thing!!

Comments

Hey all!

Can anybody tell me if a rent book is deemed sufficent proof of address when applying for the grant? I am applying as an independent mature student doing a post-grad.
    All bills were kept in my landlord's name and I used my parents address for bank statements etc. so I really have no other proof.

Local radio today had a feature on the grant application process and urged everyone to fill out forms asap and contact relevent offices for any help needed. When I tried to contact the office this afternoon, they were closed on holiday!! ......Kinda like Santa putting his feet up on Christmas Eve. Maybe its a Donegal thing!!

Hi diamondbeams,

That's odd about the radio station, but I suppose it's good that at least they're advertising it!

The Councils/VECs usually ask for utility bills of some sort but I think generally if you have lots of anything which went to that address it would be handy. The more you have to prove the better, even if it's just something small sent to you.

Perhaps talk to the landlord about this too? S/he might be willing to help somewhat.

Sorry that I can't help more - perhaps other people can advise on what they used!

Dónal / Myth

Hi again diamondbeams,

Just saw what newestUser said here in a quoted bit from Kerry CoCo about rent books, might be of interest to you.

Advertisement