Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Eagle Super-90 M3 Long barrel version discussion

Options
  • 28-07-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

I had one of these guns for the past few days.

The thing is, that the bbs provided with it are some rubbish .12s or .15s and are inherently useless with it, fixed hop.

I found the gun had great accuracy with excel .25's and have been recommended .23's to suit the hop.

The barrel and mag tube are metal, and overall the gun feels solid, the rubberised grip and pump are of a nice quality.

I really liked this gun, the shells hold a consistent 30 bb's, no over loading, and feed every bb.
    I would get red shells, as they would be easier to find if lost :D

I'm looking forward to the spas 12 clone in the works, and will get one myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

have to agree great bit of kit i loved the tm one but for the price of these clones you can not say no, had a good play with on when i was down cork site this weekend i think about 5 or 6 people added one to there shopping list there and then,

used .20 and i found performance to be workable with nice spread, might ave to give the heaver weights a try as you suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Main thing I suppose is to find a bb whose weight and size suit the fixed hop for maximum range.

I found the lighter bbs were useless though, with .2's being a bit better, .25s while too heavy for the hop were very accurate.

Excels are a relatively small diameter bb to other brands, so their .23s work, another larger brand may need a heavier bb.

Overall though with quick reloads and convenient shells, I see a lot of potential for these on the field once you find the right bb's, excel .23's were recommended to me as they work in the TM models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i received the shorty version yeaterday and am having loads of fun with it!!

it would be perfect for CQB or as a back up in a forest:D

i have used the .20's with it and find it give a nice spread, but will try the .23's as suggested above

all in all for the price of it why not get one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I've only been able to fire mine at short range so far (Styrofoam target at 20 feet) I'll be bringing it out to HRTA on monday. I was using .25 Excels which seemed to work quite well, may pick up some .23's on the day to try them too.

Power seems good. I woudn't say getting hit at close range by it will be too pleasant. A number of the BB's were imbedding in the styrofoam, one went about an inch in. Grouping at 20 feet was 1-2 inches, sounds about the same as TM's version, should put grouping at 20 metres about 1 foot.

I was able to double feed the barrels by short stroking the pump by about an inch and then a full pump, this fired 6 BB's. I'm sure the range would drop quite a bit with a double feed shot but there would probably be an increased chance of some BB's making it through a bush at close range.

Like the TM shotguns the pump draw is quite heavy, far heavier then any bolt action spring rifle I've used. Arm fatigue over a whole days gaming could be a problem. The best method I've found for cocking is the push pull method, pulling the pump back as you push the main body forward by the pistol grip. This also alows you to keep the barrel pointed towards the combat.

i got a bottle of excel .23's today and i have to say they are working much better than the .20's

the range has improved and the grouping of the 3 shots has also got better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Must get a few .23s so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

Hi lads this looks like decent shotgun..just wonderin what site ye got it off??

dunnaman93 wrote: »
    Hi lads this looks like decent shotgun..just wonderin what site ye got it off??

i got mine off of www.rsov.com they have both the long and short versions on there and the spare shells to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

i got mine off of www.rsov.com they have both the long and short versions on there and the spare shells to go with it.

cool thanks.how much did you have to pay in total customs and shipping etc.????

dunnaman93 wrote: »
    cool thanks.how much did you have to pay in total customs and shipping etc.????

to be honest i dont remember as i got a load of stuff off of them at the same time!

but you can go on the their site and if you go to buy it it will bring you all the way up to as far as the postage page with out you commiting to buy it. so you can find out the full cost that way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have the same long barrel one, find it excellent, even using normal .2 though the spread is a bit wide even at shorter ranges so long range would be dismal. Must look into the .23's.

They're dirt cheap at the moment, I got mine for 42 euro off Gunfire and was buying a few things so postage worked out, relative to the guns weight, at about 8 euro. They also have the short barrel full stock version for 32 euro. Considering the M56AL (the long barrel) costs 30 on rsov, and considerable shipping and vat/customs on top of that, it's an awesome deal.

Got 8 extra shells off rsov as well for 15 including postage. All in all, best value airsoft weapon there for a small budget. When I was first playing I spent 45+10 postage on the fairly crappy ASG Franchi 3A - not only single shot, it takes magazines which look pretty naff and are annoying to reload. And it was prone to jamming using anything less then high quality BB's....that's the 'best' budget shotgun Irish retailers seem to offer at the moment, which is a shame.

The M56AL in comparison is heavier, has a rubber handgrip and pump and uses shells, as well as having a triple barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got mine for €40 in eirsoft. Absolute joy. Its the warehouse hoover, because wednesday it jsut cleaned up shop..

The best Airsoft gun you can buy for sub 80 euro, fact.

All i need now is spare shells and i will use it warehouse constantly. Acurracy was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

when are eirsoft getting them back in defo want to get one:D

Got mine for €40 in eirsoft. Absolute joy. Its the warehouse hoover, because wednesday it jsut cleaned up shop..

The best Airsoft gun you can buy for sub 80 euro, fact.

All i need now is spare shells and i will use it warehouse constantly. Acurracy was amazing.

40, is that normal retail price?? Because Eirsoft used to have the cheap acm spring shotgun, single shot, for 40....

Would be an unbelievable bargain if they were selling them for 40 euro....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

40, is that normal retail price?? Because Eirsoft used to have the cheap acm spring shotgun, single shot, for 40....

Would be an unbelievable bargain if they were selling them for 40 euro....

yup 40 blips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Got mine from eirsoft yesterday it's really deadly! I love how if you have spare mags (damn you tony!) there's a little mag holder In the arse of the grip:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

which version would you guys recommend getting the full stock or pistol grip?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Its a hard one to cock because of the 2 or 3 pistons that it uses so I personaly went for the stock because it makes it easier although chances are you could take off the stock if you didnt like it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Karl got one yesterday too. I dont like shotguns or even see the point in them in airsoft but he loves the thing. its good to have 3rds on each shot though, more realistic and give a big advantage over the usual single shot shotguns out there. the quality is good and its shoots at about 300fps.

The day i buy a shotgun though, is the day a fully automatic shotgun is released., :D

yup 40 blips

Amazing price. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement