Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guitar shop

Options
  • 28-07-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

which is the best guitar shop in athlone. like the guys in the sound factory. the other guy in midlands isn't that nice. the other shop know what ur talking about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

cena wrote: »
    which is the best guitar shop in athlone. like the guys in the sound factory. the other guy in midlands isn't that nice. the other shop know what ur talking about.

Sound Factory would be my top choice in Athlone. Benny is dead sound and knows his stuff.

Midland Sound is grand to buy a cheap 2nd hand guitar for learning ... but you could go in to buy a set of strings and Cha would try and sell you a drum kit along with it :p

Having said that he's a nice guy, but its Sound factory ftw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Sound Factory would be my top choice in Athlone. Benny is dead sound and knows his stuff.

Midland Sound is grand to buy a cheap 2nd hand guitar for learning ... but you could go in to buy a set of strings and Cha would try and sell you a drum kit along with it :p

Having said that he's a nice guy, but its Sound factory ftw

Who's running the sound factory now?

Haven't been in it in years cause the previous owner ripped me off with an amp.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Who's running the sound factory now?

Haven't been in it in years cause the previous owner ripped me off with an amp.:mad:

Last time I was in there (months and months ago) it was Benny Dermody. I always found him grand to deal with. Used to be run by Gordon Clarke ... never liked the cut of his jib

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭brian crackout

I used to buy all my gear off cha in midland sound. But he turned nasty when I changed my mind on a piece of equipment that I had decided to buy there... That was a few years ago and I vowed never to go near the place again. I found him to be very ignorant and very unprofessional. Most of the time he doesnt know what your talking about any way. If you want quality service Stay well away from Midland Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

i too found cha to be rude. he doesn't really know what you would be going on about at the best of times.

prefer the sound factory. dead sound lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dunbharra

HI

i know this is an old thread but i would just like to point out that Midland Sound changed hands in May 2011.

I was in there this week and the lads there are helpful and have no problem giving advise and the whole layout has been modernised and made more spacious and inviing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

dunbharra wrote: »
    HI

i know this is an old thread but i would just like to point out that Midland Sound changed hands in May 2011.

I was in there this week and the lads there are helpful and have no problem giving advise and the whole layout has been modernised and made more spacious and inviing.

Benny still there. Would be great if they have a facebook page

Advertisement