Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Utterly Impartial Histroy of Britain (2000 years of upper class idiots in charge)

Options
  • 28-07-2008 8:44pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is probably the best book I've read so far this year.

Similar in ways to "A short history of nearly everything" but with a focus on the history of Britain from 55 BC to 1945 AD. Written in an comic fashion, this is full of nuggets of info and well explained pathways through the history of Europe / the World as Britain was so involved. The pages whizz by.

If you have an interest in history then get this!

10/10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

That sounds pretty good and I've been looking for a good book this week, might give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Who's the author? I'm due for a trip to the bookstore, and if it's a 10/10 then I may as well check it out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Some more info here

The author is John O'Farrell (which I had originally included in the title of this thread but it was chopped off for being too long).

Advertisement