Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Speakeasy, roaming in Russia?

• 28-07-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any luck using O2 Speakeasy in Russia?

I've often noticed O2's roaming list to be outdated and had no problems roaming in South Africa and Mexico, two countries listed as not having any speakeasy roaming agreements so wonder if I'll get a foreign sim card this time or risk it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

embraer170 wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck using O2 Speakeasy in Russia?

I've often noticed O2's roaming list to be outdated and had no problems roaming in South Africa and Mexico, two countries listed as not having any speakeasy roaming agreements so wonder if I'll get a foreign sim card this time or risk it.
    Ring up O2 customer care (1850 601747) and they'll have a more up to date list than what's on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

My advise would be to NOT roam in Russia with O2. They are outrageously expensive for roaming outside the EU. I was charged €1.09 PER MINUTE RECEIVE A CALL FROM ANOTHER IRISH MOBILE IN NORWAY. :mad:

It cost me over €15 to receive a 14 minute call. I plan to dump O2 and find a more reasonable operator.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    My advise would be to NOT roam in Russia with O2. They are outrageously expensive for roaming outside the EU. I was charged €1.09 PER MINUTE RECEIVE A CALL FROM ANOTHER IRISH MOBILE IN NORWAY. :mad:

It cost me over €15 to receive a 14 minute call. I plan to dump O2 and find a more reasonable operator.
    The rates are clearly stated on their website here. Stop whinging about nothing.

random wrote: »
    The rates are clearly stated on their website here. Stop whinging about nothing.
    you need to watch your manners. :mad: I'm not whinging about nothing. how can they get away with charging €1.09 per minute to receive a call when 3 can do it for €0.19 per minute anywhere in the world? that's what I'd like to know. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

receive a call when 3 can do it for €0.19 per minute anywhere in the world? that's what I'd like to know

3 don't do anything of the sort. 3pay doesn't even work in Russia and bill customers have to pay €1.75 to receive a call. Why slag off O2 without a clue as to what other Irish operators charge and what termination charges are in Russia?

And Moderator I don't it is acceptable for El Diablo to refer to Random as "puta" for simply pointing out that O2 charge what they say they are going to charge.

• Advertisement

ardmacha wrote: »

And Moderator I don't it is acceptable for El Diablo to refer to Random as "puta" for simply pointing out that O2 charge what they say they are going to charge.
    wow, you're like a little girl in the school yard. "I'm telling teacher on you" :rolleyes:
    are you at the wrong boards? let me point you in the right direction. http://www.boards.org.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

wow, you're like a little girl in the school yard. "I'm telling teacher on you" :rolleyes:
    are you at the wrong boards? let me point you in the right direction. http://www.boards.org.uk/
    Attack the post, not the poster !

Now lads, back on topic !

ok, maybe I made a blunder with the 3 roaming charges.

But I can tell you for sure that Meteor charge just 29 cent per minute to receive a call in Norway. I just wonder how O2 can justify charging an extra 80 cent per minute.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you need to watch your manners. :mad: I'm not whinging about nothing. how can they get away with charging €1.09 per minute to receive a call when 3 can do it for €0.19 per minute anywhere in the world? that's what I'd like to know. :confused:

lol, legend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

Just to report back.
    O2 customer care said it wouldn't work in Russia.
    However I was able to receive and send smss (sending at the EU roaming rate of of €.29 or whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chinese Mafia

Roaming does work in Russia with O2, the roaming agreement was set up earlier in the summer and the network of choice is either Beeline or Utel on both speakeasy and bill pay even though the information is not on the Website I did see it on the forum. Charges are €1.09 per min to make a call and €1.40 to receive one.

Advertisement