Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Cycling Offer-Monday 4th August

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ChipPanBuddha

BostonB wrote: »
    Whats a few extra quid? 50, 100, 150?
    I think mine was about €50 from Chain Reaction. I have a €50 head:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

blorg wrote: »
    Well the manufacturers don't shout about it then; for the more expensive helmets their marketing is all about ventilation, weight and aerodynamics.

I have never seen an expensive helmet tout it's superior protection for your head, I'd imagine they would do this, no?

Well I can't say for a fact that protection is better but it's to be expected, you get what you pay for.

To use cars as a reference again, they rarely say that one is safer than the other unless that's their marketing gimick. Personally I would rather pay for a decent helmet than take a cheap one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Eoin D wrote: »
    Well I can't say for a fact that protection is better but it's to be expected, you get what you pay for.

To use cars as a reference again, they rarely say that one is safer than the other unless that's their marketing gimick. Personally I would rather pay for a decent helmet than take a cheap one

You're accepting marketing at face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Fion_McCool

Eoin D wrote: »

Helmets were introduced to cycling by Yanks, who have a strange need to play 'macho' sports where you must wear a helmet.

The death rate among cyclists is lower in countries where few people wear a helmet and higher in countries where they do.

Go figure... and Google Rotational Brain Injury & Helmets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Lets not start this, the thread isn't about whether helmets save lives or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

Anyone know what Lidl's opening hours are like on bank holidays? Fancy myself one of the underseat toolkits :D

Hrm, their website says 8am for Mondays, but 12:30pm for Sundays. I'd guess that it'd be 8am.

Annoyingly, there's no numbers to ring up on their website bar their customer services (who aren't answering).

Yeah I wasn't sure if they'd do normal Monday times or Sunday times... also tried the CS line but alas nobody's home. Ah well I'll head down later and hope for the best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

they all open at 10am on holidays

just back and got the jersey, jacket and trousers - all good gear. All in XL and all fit me where I would normally take an XXL

Helmets only available in S/M (55-58cm I think) in Cork St. and Thomas St. shops - not suitable for the larger headed gentleman.

Yeah it was getting busy when I was in Moore Street Lidl at around 11am.

• Advertisement

Thanks stuf! Just back from the Lidl in Tallaght; picked up an underseat toolkit and some trousers. The other half got one of the shirts and jacket, shame they don't do Ladies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I picked up the gloves, top and the under saddle tool kit. Not bad quality it looks although the gloves aint great

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Got the Long sleeve Jersey and saddle bag happy with both. Yeah the gloves looked poor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Lots of saddle covers, jackets/trousers/shirts in L/XL and helmets in S/M in Rathfarnham this afternoon. I'm beginning to doubt that the L/XL helmets ever existed at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Just back from Moore St on my Lidl odyssey (I was just passing honest!!) and managed to pick up a pair of bib shorts for 6.99 - must have dug them out of the stock room from a previous offer - they're down close to the tills and away from all the offer stuff.

Pity about the helmets as I wouldn't have minded getting one for wet days - still find it hard to consider wearing one at all times seeing as I come from the days before safety existed

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dingbat

Was in Moore St and Thomas St but couldn't find a jacket in Medium :(

Got plenty of the other cycling stuff though; it all seems pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ChipPanBuddha

Picked up some tops and the trousers in the branch on Pothole Rd, sorry Pottery Rd in Dun Laoghaire. They seem pretty decent alright. Also got the reflector strips. They'll make you look like a christmas tree but that's no bad thing for the dark evenings and mornings that are only round the corner:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

In France right now. They the same specials on and the track pump over here, the exact same one is sold for 5.99 here, two euro less ... Evenm Liddl rips us off in ireland .... ( dont buy ity it s a crappy pump anyway )

Advertisement