Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint from Neighbour due to damp

Options
  • 06-11-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

First time using this site (or any forum of this kind!)
    In a nutshell my problem is this:

I bought a ground floor apartment in Nov 2006.
    The apartment was built in 2001, on a piece of land at the rear of a house. A second apartment was built on top at the same time - exactly like a two storey extension.

The person who lives in the house at the front built both of these apartments.
    The neighbour beside this house/builder is complaining and sending solicitors letters to me and the owner of the apartment above me.

He claims that his roof and rear wall are being damaged by damp due to inadequate drainage caused by our apartments.
    He wants me and the owner of the apartment above me to pay for this damage.

It seems I've inherited this problem with my apartment.
    Am I responsible for this when I only bought the apartment in 2006 but they were built in 2001?

I'd appreciate any advice on this.

Hope I'm able to find this thread again as I get a little confused navigating the site :)
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement