Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Upgrade - Download Limits

Options
  • 28-07-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just checked Eircom stats page - and my allowance is now showing 30gb (2mb now 3mb)

BUT, it also says:
    Note: next month you will have the lower download allowance of 20480 MB

Are Eircom not giving a new 30gb allowance permanently?

Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

I've just noticed this as well my allowace is 51200 MB. It doesn't make any sense to give a bigger download allowance the month of the upgrade and then take it away.

It could be an error?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I've gone over my 30gb limit every single month(no exaggeration, every single one of them) since I got broadband, almost 3 years ago. One month I even notched up 80gb. I've never been emailed about it or recieved any letter from them.

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think they care, to be honest.

I was living in a shared house in Dublin where we were all paying for 2 meg Eircom. I often noticed the connection was unusably slow because of other people leeching it. So I got hold of a bill and logged into the stats. Since the line was installed in March 2007, the cap was exceeded in every month except March and September! They never enforced the cap because every bill was the usual price. Judging by some of the uploads it seems one of the housemates was file sharing.

If they didn't go after this lot I'd say they're not enforcing it at all right now.

60378.png

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

In April, according to my bill stats, I downloaded almost 100 GB worth of stuff. Bill was no different in the price, so don't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Did Eircom increase the cap on the 7.6mb package

• Advertisement
Advertisement