Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the dreaded hen

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:02pm
    Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭

I'm really sorry if this has been done a million times before, which I'm sure it has been, but I'm going to the city on Saturday for a hen party untill monday, and I'm just wondering if there are any small events like gigs or that going on?? its a very small party, only 10 girls so we're are looking for something nice and non hen party-ish???

Thanx a mill everyone!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi ChewChew, fancy meeting you here. What is the fascination with Kilkenny and hen parties? It seems the place to be, that's for sure. When I lived in Malta I knew a lot of Russian girls who loved going to Kilkenny before they went out to Italy (and eventually Malta) Seems to be a popular spot alright. I am sure some of the locals here can help you out, enjoy your break okay.

Den

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

DenMan wrote: »
    Hi ChewChew, fancy meeting you here. What is the fascination with Kilkenny and hen parties? It seems the place to be, that's for sure. When I lived in Malta I knew a lot of Russian girls who loved going to Kilkenny before they went out to Italy (and eventually Malta) Seems to be a popular spot alright. I am sure some of the locals here can help you out, enjoy your break okay.

Den

Hey den. . . well we had an awesome time!! Just home today. and must admit, Kilkenny is a fabulous city. it was so busy and I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was!! Will deffo be going back again soon!!

Firetrap wrote: »
    Thanx a million for this!! it was a great help, but then we ended up just doing a load of shopping!! :D

we spent saturday night in The Left Bank (bloody great pub!!) and then last night in O'Faoilans(sp?) and plenty of shopping in the mean time. oh and a few other pubs. Paris Texas bar is really REALLY nice too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi ChewChew

Glad you had a great time. From what I hear it is supposed to be a very beautiful city. Waterford is as far South as I have been so it's definitely on my to-do list. Love to go down with my camera and take shots of the amazing castles in Kilkenny, fabulous architecture and immaculately kept to this day. Pretty angry when I read recently about them unearthing the ancient cobble stones, sad state of affairs.

Advertisement