Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any cool apps I need to know about

• 28-07-2008 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Do you know of any cool and amazing apps that I really should have ?
    through them out there if you have any....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

windirstat
    digsby
    magic disk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Rocketdock... As their website says it's the greatest piece of software ever... (oh, just looked at their site now, doesn't say that anymore... :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

cheers, will check em out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Pidgin
    Foobar2000
    Treesize Free
    InfraRecorder
    SIW
    Notepad++
    Paint.net
    WLAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

dulpit wrote: »
    Rocketdock... As their website says it's the greatest piece of software ever... (oh, just looked at their site now, doesn't say that anymore... :( )

Rocketdock doesn't support 64bit Vista

• Advertisement

It does work on 64 though, I tried it, just not supported I suppose, windirstat is cool, I shall be keeping it

SIW is also pretty cool , another keeper, shall have to try the other

MooseJam wrote: »
    It does work on 64 though, I tried it, just not supported I suppose, windirstat is cool, I shall be keeping it

So it does, nice 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

SyncToy 2.0 is a handy little app, I keep backups of my media folders on external drives and just use SyncToy to keep them all up to date.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Overheal wrote: »
    windirstat
    I'm liking this for a number of reasons
    1. GPL / Open Source
    2. Can be extracted and made portable
    3. The status bars are pacman :pac:

• Advertisement

Also just remembered sumatra

If you've got Vista Ultimate then be sure to check out Dreamscene and Stardock Deskscapes. Personally i found it litle buggy, it crashed every so often, but newer releases may be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ones i use quite a bit

defaggler
    ccleaner
    digsby - love it but find i dont get all messages 100% of the time :mad:
    album cover art downloader - best one ive used for this job
    mp3 tag
    cabbage - sms from your desktop
    nero 8 lite (has none of the bloat the real nero has these days :pac: )
    cccp - codecs for audio and video
    dfx - audio enhancer (versions for most popular players)

calex71 wrote: »
    album cover art downloader
    +1
    I use that too. It has built in support for foobar so it works like a charm.
    calex71 wrote: »
    mp3 tag
    Also a +1 (made by a foobar plugin developer too :P)

I like your taste in software :pac:

Advertisement