Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a login page - using dreamweaver

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hello all - Can I ask for some advice from you?:o
    I have been using dreamweaver to create a personal website. I appear to have got the hang of it and am able to test the site and it seems to work OK.
    I am almost ready to upload to my hosting company, but what I would like to do is have a login page for friends & family.
    I have been looking at coffee cup's password wizard and wondered if anybody has had any experience of this or can you recommend anything else bearing in mind I am an amateur and need something that a complete newbie can easily do:rolleyes:
    Any help or advice would be more than welcome:D
    bijou

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

bijou wrote: »
    Hello all - Can I ask for some advice from you?:o
    I have been using dreamweaver to create a personal website. I appear to have got the hang of it and am able to test the site and it seems to work OK.
    I am almost ready to upload to my hosting company, but what I would like to do is have a login page for friends & family.
    I have been looking at coffee cup's password wizard and wondered if anybody has had any experience of this or can you recommend anything else bearing in mind I am an amateur and need something that a complete newbie can easily do:rolleyes:
    Any help or advice would be more than welcome:D
    bijou

What is your server running ? Windows or Linux ?

.htaccess is quite handy to set up ... (but rather unprofessional in some ways)

Whats your programming experience ?
    (basically windows or linux will generally mean asp or php ... yes there are alternatives but they are generally the more popular)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

forbairt wrote: »
    What is your server running ? Windows or Linux ?

.htaccess is quite handy to set up ... (but rather unprofessional in some ways)

Whats your programming experience ?
    (basically windows or linux will generally mean asp or php ... yes there are alternatives but they are generally the more popular)

Hi forbairt
    The server is windows. My programming experience is newbie stage. It was one of the reasons I went for dreamweaver as it shows me the html as i'm building the site and I can see for myself how it works:D
    bijou

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Reckon a tip would be to explore the php and mysql side of dreamweaver, once you get that up and running (tutorials are pretty good) there are easy ways of setting up the user login page!

Advertisement