Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True stories of survival recommendations?

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm going through a phase of reading "amazing true stories of survival", and I've come to a dead end! I have read "Miracle In The Andes", Nando Parrado; "The Long Walk", Slavomir Rawicz; and have just finished "Lost In The Jungle", Yossi Ghinsberg. Does anyone have any recommendations for other good books in the same genre? Thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What about Touching the Void?
    Well known true account that's also been dramatised in a documentary.

I believe Raising the Dead is a great read also, though I haven't gotten around to it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Into Thin Air..

Or pretty much any book by that author, John Krakauer [sp?]

• Registered Users Posts: 6 scousedrake

Thanks a million, they all look good... particularly like the idea of haveing a few books from the same author. Time to do some shopping now I think!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

"Into the wild" is an adventure story alright... however the end may not be what you are looking for i.e. survival :confused:

Advertisement