Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways To Improve GTA 5

• 28-07-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I have finished GTA IV twice (to play both endings) and was considering the many diffrent things that could be done to improve the next GTA,
    This like the following could be done to improve the game:

Real car names,
    Longer more fuller/richer story line,
    make mini-games more appealing.

Only some of the things that could be done, Just wanted to know everyone elses opinons.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mmm, I'd expect it would be GTA Vice City 2/or some shìt. But more thing to do outside the box, like it's all well and good to have bowling and stuff like that but I gets boring sooner rather than later. I think if they edge it closer to SA extras this time, it would work a treat. And I hope they can keep that Vice City atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gazza376 wrote: »
    Real car names
    No, for one reason: it'd never be user in a shootout :cool:

=-=

Post-nuclear Oklahoma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I'd love a vice city 2 with Tommy vercetti. What a class game vice city was, better than all the GTA's IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

Plug wrote: »
    I'd love a vice city 2 with Tommy vercetti. What a class game vice city was, better than all the GTA's IMO.

I so agree with you that Vice city was one (if not) the best GTA game there was, i would so love to see a Vice City 2 as well , I loved the way Tommy Vercetti had a smart ass answer to every quistion or comment, I missed that in the other GTA games

Nailz wrote: »
    But more thing to do outside the box, like it's all well and good to have bowling and stuff like that but I gets boring sooner rather than later. I think if they edge it closer to SA extras this time, it would work a treat. And I hope they can keep that Vice City atmosphere.

Yeah SA extras were enjoyable for a long time (well for me anyway),
    They just have to keep the Vice City atmosphere it was brill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

I'd love to see a vice city style gta again.Perhaps make it slightly bigger then the original vc but not as big as san andreas.Add in the SA extras as someone said,monster trucks,tanks(its a game who cares if its not realistic to have tanks going down the streets,is it realistic to go flying 200 feet if you fly off your motorbike)Blend in Gta IV's graphics and hopefully iron out the physics a bit(the whole you get side swiped by a car by a millimeter and you go flailing around for a minute that gets annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

More interaction with the surroundings. Buildings to enter, hidden items to find.
    Less of having to hang out with the other characters, that gets boring after a while.

A bit more cartoony, aswell. It was a wee bit too realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A bit more cartoony, aswell. It was a wee bit too realistic.

Yep! I genuinely believe Saints Row 2 is gonna be the game GTA IV should've been in that regard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A save system thats actually worth a w**k, so when you have to repeat a car chase against some f***r who's driving a rocket on rails a dozen times, then at least you dont have to go through the expostion and bulls**t set up over and over as well.

• Advertisement

I didn't see anything wrong with the save's this time round, they actually improved it! Like instead of having been driving to the safehouse after a hard mission than "oops, the power went out!" - gonna have to do it again, you have - oh well, it's saved anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Interaction with the people on the streets. It would be great to be able to walk up to someone and have some sort of conversation and maybe some people have something very interesting to say. Maybe you could use a hooker without being in the car.

More shops/business etc that you can walk into and interact with.

On the PS3, make an option so you can steer a car with the sixaxis motion control. It might never be used but it would be nice to have the option.
    I know i used to play GTA on the PC with an old sidewinder joypad with motion control i used to steer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

Would like to be able to smoke.. Niko would look like the real hardass with a Regal Filter in his mouth, and Tommy V.. well it would just top him off having a cuban between his snappers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

More stuff to do like in SA. Houses like in SA and businesses like in VC. more money availibity. a fair bit less realistic. in other words go back to the roots because in my opinion they made a balls of this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

BazMcG wrote: »
    Would like to be able to smoke.. Niko would look like the real hardass with a Regal Filter in his mouth, and Tommy V.. well it would just top him off having a cuban between his snappers.

Niko CAN smoke!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yep! I genuinely believe Saints Row 2 is gonna be the game GTA IV should've been in that regard!

I was optimistic about Saints Row 2 until they got Tera Patrick on board, seems to me they are hoping having Tera Patrick working on the game will actually help sell it, rather then the gameplay. That smells of a crappy game to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

My biggest problem with GTA 4 was that there was little to do in the game after completing the missions. With VC and SA there was loads of other things you could go and do besides the misions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

Bros123 wrote: »
    Niko CAN smoke!!;)

How do you make him smoke?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd like to see gangs done properly with open ended gang related games like drug running/dealing. Extortion like in Mafia. Robbing any banks or shops. Having a game beside the missions where you try and take over the city would add some length to the game.

Yeah, actually... I want to see the stereotypical gangs back on the streets, those were class. Oh, and "KilllLLL FRENZEY!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Oh ya! I almost forgot. Bring back Hare Krishnas!

Yeah, actually... I want to see the stereotypical gangs back on the streets, those were class. Oh, and "KilllLLL FRENZEY!!"

Ah the good old days of kill frenzey they were brill, i loved doing them, but i coudnt see them bringing them back, they would probly be to arcade or retro or something like that

I'd loke to see them dropping and getting rid of the pointless activities that don't add anything to the game (above you have someone requesting the ability to smoke, and another guy saying it'd be good if you could use prostitutes outside of a car.. i'd prefer if you couldn't smoke and prostitutes were eliminated from the game altogether).

There's a lot of stuff like that (above) and watching TV, getting taxi rides so you can view the scenery etc. thats just completely pointless and useless. You do it once to see what its like and then you'll never do it again.

My biggest gripe with the game is how easy it is to be killed by the police. I don't know how many times I've been driving along, seen a car i liked, hopped out of my own car, took the other car, and eiter:

1. Got shot to death just getting into the damn car

2. Had to get into the car and drive in a straight line for a little while to get the police away from me

3. Get out of the car and run away to avoid death

It just ruins the game for me, personally.

I really enjoyed the FUN i had in GTA:SA where i could get a car, skid around the city (the city that when i lost my car, there was another one right beside me, unlike IV when i have to spend ages running around looking for a car) and then i could find a ramp or something, flip my car around inthe air a ton of times, get out start big police chase through the streets of Las Vegas and just have a lot of fun.

IV seems to really lack the enjoyment of the previous one. And Saints Row II looks like its lacking any kind of serious element. It seems too randomly playful, with lots of explosions, jumps, ramps, etc. To the extent that it will become boring after a short while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's a lot of stuff like that (above) and watching TV, getting taxi rides so you can view the scenery etc. thats just completely pointless and useless. You do it once to see what its like and then you'll never do it again.
    Using the taxi to view the scenery (and get the achievement) is a one off, but using the taxi to get around quickly is a good feature.

Just all I ask is to stop citizens from ringing the cops, and to stop having so many of them about! And a wee bit more people & cars wouldn't hurt either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

bring back rampages , +1 for going back to the roots
    i did like the pigeons though, blasting htem was a bit
    more fun than picking up a package. Not gettting a
    gun etc outside the safe house for getting a number of
    them not so good though

they screwed up on gta iv, theres like 6 different weapons, the driving is too realistic sometimes, no fun mini games like shooting range, remote control vehicles .. and they put in a FUN FAIR that doesnt work.. i used to like rockstar games:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

When you earn money..to be able to do something with it?

Like Vice City.. I wanna buy properties :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

More than one protagonist.
    More than one story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I think SA was by far the best of em, I really love the stunt plane. IV, I got bored of very quickly.

Advertisement