Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7/M8 Portlaoise-Castletown-Cullahill Motorway (incl. Abbeyleix Bypass)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

This is proof that power is coming back to the people.

People are realsing self power and self empoweremnt, be it looking off topic. But the point remains clear. The internet has now opened the doors for "people" to put their work online. You have the NRA and contractors on this site learning from us now;)

I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

kaizersoze wrote: »
    That's f*****g cheeky all the same.<snip> A company that size working on a public contract sponging free photos of the internet for an official publication.

I agree - if it was my photos I think I'd be annoyed that they hadn't asked/credited/compensated me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

I'd pull them up on it - if not for your own sake, then on behalf of others with photos online who might have their copyright ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Lazy buggers :D Go chase them up; not for money but just to say 'busted' :D

On the other hand, this is another lazy and dismal newsletter from the M7/8 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

On the other hand, this is another lazy and dismal newsletter from the M7/8 people.

I reckon they're camera shy

• Advertisement

Have the toll prices been announced for this scheme yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭childoforpheus

tech2 wrote: »
    Have the toll prices been announced for this scheme yet?

€1.33 for a motor car in August 2004
    Link: http://www.nra.ie/PublicPrivatePartnership/TollingDocumentation/file,2859,en.PDF (Page 8)(size: 740kb)

€1.33 for a motor car in August 2004
    Link: http://www.nra.ie/PublicPrivatePartnership/TollingDocumentation/file,2859,en.PDF (Page 8)(size: 740kb)

Cheers no doubt this will be adjusted for "inflation" since. If its €1.90 then its not so bad. Hopefully it wont be as expensive as the M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Cheers no doubt this will be adjusted for "inflation" since.

But it sure as death and taxes won't be adjusted for deflation....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

But it sure as death and taxes won't be adjusted for deflation....

Well it will be interesting to see if the other tolls come down, but the Kells one will reflect deflation as it will compare the CPI when it is set with that in 2004.

• Advertisement

I passed this scheme today, some photos on the way

Looking east J21

DSC02522.jpg

Looking west from J21 (Nenagh - Castletown scheme)

DSC02523.jpg

J21 link road

DSC02525.jpg

Looking south from L road to Clough (M8)

DSC02528.jpg

Looking north toward R434 overbridge from Clough link road (M8)

DSC02529.jpg

These two from the L1595 road (M7)

DSC02531.jpg

DSC02532.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Excellent pictures Tech2. Thanks very much. Good progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

Good pics

I think the 2 pics, Looking east and west from J21 tell they're own story :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

Good pics

I think the 2 pics, Looking east and west from J21 tells it's own story :rolleyes:

While to a certain extent that might be true but you have to remember that there would be an exclusion zone on one contract which would force the other contract out of that area until such time as the contractors were ready to hand it over. There can only be one PSCS for any one job.

Furet wrote: »
    Excellent pictures Tech2. Thanks very much. Good progress.

No problem Furet. I would have taken more only that there was alot of heavy construction work going on the R434 overbridge. The countryside was very nice along there like you said. Hopefully it will be seen along the route when its completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

PSCS

What's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭The Word Is Bor

What's that?

Project Supervisor Construction Stage; basically the main contractor. They/he is responsible for planning the works in a safe manner, executing the works and handing over the project safety file to the PSDP (Project Supervisor Design Process) who in turn provides this to the client.

Looking north toward R434 overbridge from Clough link road (M8)

DSC02529.jpg

Just noticed that the picture above is the same stretch shown here, albeit from the opposite bridge.

Why does the bridge have a bright blue metal structure, rather than concrete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not the only one on the network to be like that, there are a few metal beam / concrete deck bridges on the M6 and the new ones at the M1/M50 interchange are too.

Come to think of it, the ones on the M6 are all bent slightly and the ones on the M1/M50 are bent and banked... could be why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Furet wrote: »
    I don't believe it. Those are MY photos on the newsletter!!

So even the contractors get (at least some of) their updates from boards.ie :D

Definitely bill them for it. Send them an invoice requesting about €35 a picture and that if they take your pictures without your permission again you will sue them.

Look for some advice over on the Photography forum as well. It happens them a lot.

Cheeky f**kers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Definitely bill them for it. Send them an invoice requesting about €35 a picture and that if they take your pictures without your permission again you will sue them.

Look for some advice over on the Photography forum as well. It happens them a lot.

Cheeky f**kers!

Technically I don't think he can complain because it is their road he is taking pictures of - which means they may even technically own the rights to pictures of what, for them, is a private road. Cheeky though.

It was cheeky in the sense that they should have sent one of their guys out to do it. I actually think they might have done it to see what the reaction here would be.
    I know they are aware of this thread.
    So, BAM/CRG, next time take your own pictures please - simply because they will always be far more up to date than mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

darkman2 wrote: »
    Technically I don't think he can complain because it is their road he is taking pictures of - which means they may even technically own the rights to pictures of what, for them, is a private road. Cheeky though.

But was he standing on a public road taking the pictures? Photographers have rights to take a picture of anything provided they are on public property. Nobody can tell them not to and they(photographer) are entitled to keep the photos (you can't make them delete them).

They are STILL furets pictures taken from his camera.

It was out of order to just assume you can take pictures and post them on a public newsletter knowing you don't own the rights to these pictures.

It is not the way to go. I find this to be a serious matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

darkman2 wrote: »

Copyright law doesn't get changed by who owned the land you were on. They cannot claim rights for that reason.

mysterious wrote: »
    I find this to be a serious matter.

As serious as the Athlone bypass? :eek:

mysterious wrote: »
    They are STILL furets pictures taken from his camera.

It was out of order to just assume you can take pictures and post them on a public newsletter knowing you don't own the rights to these pictures.

It is not the way to go. I find this to be a serious matter.

Well, I don't. They could just as easily say I should not have been on their site (but really, that point is vitiated by their decision to use my pictures). Like I said, I suspect they've done it to wind us up (and to save themselves some time and money).

• Advertisement

It is not theirs.

Think about it.

Nobody owns a public road. They can pull that one up. But nobody would pull that **** on me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement