Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum lessons

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi,
    Does any one know anybody who teaches drums(rock) in either Lucan, Clondalkin, Celbridge area
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Would you not consider learning from some videos on the internet. thats what im doing at the mo and its going ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 agent 47

What site are you getting them off? cause the ones i've gone on to have being bad

well i just went to youtube and searched random vids. Lots are not helpfull but you will come acrosee the odd brilliant one. Its worth looking for em in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

well i just went to youtube and searched random vids. Lots are not helpfull but you will come acrosee the odd brilliant one. Its worth looking for em in my opinion

Lots of good vids at freedrumlessons.com - all sorts there, good quality and downloads for ipod video, sheet music PDFs etc. Very useful. They also publish a range of DVDs, which are also quite in-depth. I have a couple, and there's a lot on them.

Am only a beginner myself, but I'd recommend lessons with an experienced teacher - I expect it would be very easy to pick up bad habits by learning solely from videos on the internet etc. (they're good motivation sometimes, sure, but you can't beat expert one-on-one tuition).

Well you do have a good point about bad habits. The only problem that i had not going to a teacher is that i don't have a good right leg when it comes to off time beats. I can only do it with my left leg.But thanks for that link. The site looks quiet cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Phil Gaynor

I teach out of Lucan PM me if interested Cheers Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

There are some really good teachers on the internet. Some of the best drummers I have ever seen started off in marching bands playing the snare. Have a look in the area see if there are any clubs.

If your first year of drumming included excellent snare techniques you would be doing your self a huge favor.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Darraghnormal

Hi, iv been playing drums for 12 years, teaching for 5.
    Chonker wrote: »
    There are some really good teachers on the internet. Some of the best drummers I have ever seen started off in marching bands playing the snare. Have a look in the area see if there are any clubs.

If your first year of drumming included excellent snare techniques you would be doing your self a huge favor.

Good luck.

I started out in a marching band and moved onto a kit 3-4 years later.

Pm me if interested.

Advertisement