Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL in Blanchardstown (Angry rant)

Options
  • 28-07-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

What a shower of eejits. Now, please let me explain.

So far this year, I've experienced over 40 outages to the broadband service (their most expensive package as well!). And I've just confirmed that these outages only affect a few streets in Blanchardstown, though oddly enough they aren't all adjacent to each other. I'm not counting the outages from last year. I try not even think about them as it makes be depressed and suicidal.

I've been promised a 'call back' by Team Leaders/Technical staff on over a dozen occasions, but it's only ever happened once. Every time I report an area outage, their response is to book an engineer for a call....about 5-7 days wait. Of course, this is pointless as service will have been restored by then and the issue is outside my home anyway.

When engineers arrive, they do so unannounced even though I've been promised that they will call in advance so that I can pop home from work to meet them. End result = "I was here" calling card from an engineer. I have a nice collection now. Of course, they don't always arrive on the days they are meant to. On the rare occasions when I was here when they arrived, I discovered that they hadn't actually read the ticket/notes created by the receptionist person. They simply get the customers address, go there, and ask the customer what the problem is. What the hell is the point in giving all that info, error logs/messages etc if they don't acually read it!

The average wait time to get through to their service desk is 30 minutes in the evenings. And, even if you chose the option for Broadband Support, you don't actually get through to their Broadband Support. You just get a generic receptionist type person who passes messages along or logs a ticket. They actually have no technical knowledge or abilty and seem completely lost when you try to speak technically to them. Quite frustrating as I'm a geek.

If this non-technical receptionist thinks you need 'real' broadband support, they put you in the queue for the real broadband support team. Cue another 30 minute wait.

Now, waiting would not be so bad except for one small item. Their hold music is broken. After it loops for the first time, it stops playing correctly. Every few seconds it sounds like a radio station with a bad reception. Kinda like when you go through a tunnel whilst listening to the radio. Try enduring that for 30 mins! Now here's the truly annoying bit. I've reported this to them on over 2 dozen occasions spanning several months and it's still not fixed.

Right now, I have intermittant connection. The cable modem loses it's connection every 2 mins or so. The modem log shows "Improper Configuration File CVC Format - cm_max.bin" and the connection is severed. NTL's response was to book an engineer for saturday....yes, FIVE days from now.

So, in summary. They have a broadband helpdesk that isn't a helpdesk, a staff of incompetent liars, no communication between 1st level & engineers and no consideration whatsoever for their customers.

Well done NTL, you complete and utter shower of eejits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Interesting story. NTL are a shower of bullsh1ters anyway :d

Advertisement