Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music to fall asleep to...any ideas?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Have to agree with other people and say Zero 7.

Havn't heard Brian Eno but will be looking for a few cd's in the near future.

I'd say try The Jimmy Cake's latest album as well. Only got it recently but I think you might be interested in it.

Spectre and Crown? Yeah I've got it on the mobile at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭dave.omeara

Spectre and Crown? Yeah I've got it on the mobile at the moment.

Yeah, with the weird bunny rabbit on the cover. Didn't really know what to expect when I got it and was pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'm shocked it took three pages for Explosions In The Sky to be mentioned. EITS, Mogwai and Godspeed You Black Emperor kthx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    And, also, a brilliant sex album.

Yes, yes it is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Jakob Dylan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Oh Mercy-Bob Dylan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Yes, yes it is. ;)

Ah so we're onto sex albums,OP you don't mind do you?Similar subject possibly.Hot Chips,The Warning is good sex album,I don't know why.Theres a quirky romance about it

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tadhg17

JaneyMc wrote: »
    The Postal Service is always good for me.

Ya anything by the Postal Service or Sigur Ros. Lately it's been Burial-Untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

the art of noise - seduction of claude debussy!

or something a bit pst rock:
    early day miners
    gravenhurst
    I love you but i've chosen darkness
    this will destroy you
    maps
    misuse
    mum
    the retails sectors
    mean red spiders
    god is an astronaut.....etc, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

mercury rev does it for me....

manic sreet preachers - i live to fall asleep!!
    right i'm away ta bed!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Noone has said M83!? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Adore - Smashing Pumpkins
    Ah yes indeed I love this one, so chilled out and unlike their typical stuff...and then the screaming guitars at the end of For Martha will have me wide awake again :eek:
    Ah so we're onto sex albums,OP you don't mind do you?Similar subject possibly.Hot Chips,The Warning is good sex album,I don't know why.Theres a quirky romance about it

Nope i dont mind at all, unless of course its music to fall asleep to while having sex, which is another matter altogether:D

I always thought Prince was the ultimate "music to shag to" but thinkin about it now the sound of him panting and groaning thru his songs might affect ones 'performance'....the little fooker would probably be hiding in the corner watchin the whole thing :eek:

I digress.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Moby, some FSOL, Tool... I'm sure I can think of more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭PearlDrummer

Karma Police - Radiohead

or most of "OK Computer" is quite soothing, to me anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I find certain Dire Straits tracks nice and relaxing - Why Worry, Telegraph Road, Going Home etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Brian Eno, any of his ambient stuff.

Advertisement