Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you play the guitar?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Dord wrote: »
    Guitar and bass... but mostly bass, hence the username and avatar ;)

+ 1 (except the username and avatar part obviously)

Bass ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I play the atari jaguar. (most obvious joke ever)

I cant play, but I know a few basic chords. Worst part is that my Dad teaches it. Thats what I call ballooning the ball over an open goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Wasted op, I had to scrounge lessons from a guy down the road. The fact he's a genius made up for it though. We've all seen the Atari Jaguars. What I want is the Fender 2600:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

not that many people play guitar.....

Loads of people attempt to learn guitar but quit once they hit a C chord...

I play guitar and piano

I find that most people give up when they come to the F chord or bar chords.

Anyhoo, I play the guitar. I feel that this thread is gonna turn into a 'my musical penis is <
    this
    > big' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I play guitar. I see loads of people who can play a little but are pretty happy to just learn 3 chord trick songs all day long and they never progress. Its a pity because its after that that I found the instrument to get really fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I don't play guitar. I'm like fonpokno - played piano for 7 years which is odd because I've very short fingers. Scarily short fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

The_Edge wrote: »
    I have an electric guitar....next step is learning how to play the feckin thing.
    Any good sites for beginners?

pfft. Shoulda thought of that before you started U2 tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Guitar, Bass, drums, harmonica(not ****ty like bob Dylan... proper stuff) and I sing.

I don't consider myself a great guitar player or even a great muscian but I can pick up music by ear and know how to harmonise and all that.

I think that a lot of people here are the "Aslan, Crazy World.....after nightclub" guitar players that no one want to hear.

I'd be shocked if the situation was otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I can play guitar, bass, keyboards and drums, but I'm only a drummer if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think that a lot of people here are the "Aslan, Crazy World.....after nightclub" guitar players that no one want to hear.

I'd be shocked if the situation was otherwise.

Can you PM me the chords for 'This Is'? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I bought me a lectrik geetar with all the money in my piggy bank that I saved from working all summer when I were a youngun.
    It cost so much I had to learn to play a bit.
    Now I have three guitars.
    No amp though at the moment.
    Kinda defeats the point at the moment, but I am picking one up as soon as I get paid!
    Until then I have a lovely hollowbody jazz guitar that plays nice acoustically. Gets me by with a bit of ole Neil Young in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I can play the guitar perfectly, I just don't recognise any of the songs. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I can't play it well but i'm learning how to play it

Riddle, when do you stop learning and start playing? At the moment you're playing the guitar, you're just not very good at it. Positive outlook man.

Like Cremo, I can play guitar and have for the past few years but still dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hell no, but i can blitz GH3's One on medium

<o/
    \o>
    \m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Have been playing for 16 years. Am still utter scutter.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Yep, learn the guitar and you'll never be stuck for entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

Yep, learn the guitar and you'll never be stuck for entertainment.

even without a guitar? ;)

I can play, badly. learned the piano first and anything I try to do on the guitar I use one string as much as possible ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I agree OCA, nothing beats having a few bottles of beer and a little solo jam session before heading out for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I played guitar for a while when I was around 13 (chicks dig the guitar) but gave up and started playing piano which I'm still not very good at.

I was wondering though, what is it about playing guitar that interests you guys? I am never really interested in playing other people's stuff and the only thing I do on piano is make stuff up and sing along, I can't imagine just playing other people's stuff the whole time. I would get nothing out of it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I can't play guitar :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I was wondering though, what is it about playing guitar that interests you guys? I am never really interested in playing other people's stuff and the only thing I do on piano is make stuff up and sing along, I can't imagine just playing other people's stuff the whole time. I would get nothing out of it at all.

I pretty much just strum chords and sing other people's songs nowadays! I quite enjoy it :D I keep intending to write a song or 2 but can never manage it! I did a few when I was like 16 and they were the worst songs you'll ever see, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

No but I can play the Flute ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No but I can play the Flute ;)
    durty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Yep, Guitar , bass , drums....drums by far my favourite..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I can play or at least i think i can play. I only really play for me own enjoyment so whether or not i'm actually any good is debatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I can play and I'm considered good, but I don't think so.
    I only half learn songs but mostly do my own stuff.

Playing for 7 years, since I was 13... jahsus that flew in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i play guitar(15 years), bass, piano/synth, drums, harmonium, flute, cajon violin and chello.. and im gonna say vocals are an instrument, i play that too :pac:

tbh any instrument is easy to play once you know what notes make up a chord on a guitar ^^

I've gone without meals to support my music addiction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

^ I know the feelin...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

^ +1

i play guitar, bass, piano, organ, violin, cello, flute, clarinet, and a few traditional irish instruments too, although i don't really play them any more...
    i also sing
    next up is the sax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I can't play any musical instruments at all ><

Advertisement