Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you play the guitar?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

There's a short tune of me playing guitar on my homepage, it's MySpace...

<<<<< =P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I can play guitar,been playing for about 10 years now.best thing ive ever done :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I play guitar and drums. I dont hit every note right, but i make bad music look cool! :D

Back in the day i played vicar street.

When you have the sex and the drugs, who needs the rock and/or roll

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

faceman wrote: »
    I play guitar and drums. I dont hit every note right, but i make bad music look cool! :D

Back in the day i played vicar street.

When you have the sex and the drugs, who needs the rock and/or roll

Vicar st. is such a cool venue to play.
    That statement is unassailably cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭markytowny94

i play guitar and drums

u like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Never had an opportunity to learn, a talent i always wanted though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Ive been learning for the last 3 years! I pick it up for a week then get bored/angry/lose focus and then dont go near it again for a few months

But i started again today and this time i swear il do it right:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Magpie!

I learned off all the finger positions for the cords but couldn't strum at all! i haven't a note in my head, not remotely musical. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Stephen wrote: »
    I can't play any musical instruments at all ><
    I bet you could play the triangle.
    I'd imagine it's like a really slow single-buttoned version of DDR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

i play guitar and drums

u like?

Getting there, but it needs work man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Magpie! wrote: »
    I learned off all the finger positions for the cords but couldn't strum at all! i haven't a note in my head, not remotely musical. :(
    I encountered barre chords and was like - "nope, my fingers don't do that, sorry mister guitar, it's back into the dusty corner for you"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I love tapping, you get faster and better at it with more practice.

Good oul Van Halen :rolleyes:

For those of you that cant play the guitar: http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Learned to play about 5 years ago. Played on and off in a band and played it as the instrument for my leaving cert music practical. Haven't touched a guitar since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

not that many people play guitar.....

Loads of people attempt to learn guitar but quit once they hit a C chord...

I play guitar and piano

I can play an E minor sixth! Fact.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I can play a few chords and a few songs, just as long as there aren't any barre chords in them :(

Here's a good site for anyone wanting to learn guitar www.justinguitar.com. He's got loads of videos on YouTube as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

i don't believe the results of the poll tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Kinda.
    To paraphrase Bruce in Thunder Road; "I got this guitar and I learned how to make it squawk"

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I can play guitar hero :p:o

I'm trying to learn real guitar now. It's a slow slow process :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I think I can still play it...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

I wanted to challenge that but yeah, bass is guitar for quitters :(

You hit me hard Dave, you hit me hard :(

thankfully i started off playing bass guitar.. its always funny seeing a guitarist playing bass... they use a plec/pick/whateveryouwanttocallit :eek:

been at bass for 14yrs now, only been playing guitar about 5years on and off though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im pretty crap, but i can string a number of chords together to make a tune.

and i owe a guitar as well. actually, i uess i own an electic an an acustic now as well.

im still crap though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I'm an extremely accomplished guitarist and there are few things I cannot play. I am just very talented and have a natural aptitude for everything I decide to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

nope,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

thankfully i started off playing bass guitar.. its always funny seeing a guitarist playing bass... they use a plec/pick/whateveryouwanttocallit :eek:

been at bass for 14yrs now, only been playing guitar about 5years on and off though :o

Ain't nothin' wrong with using a pick! :mad:

Just consider it another tone in your sonic arsenal. Sometimes a song calls for a pick, sometimes fingerstyle. It's nice to be able to do one or the other. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I can jam out a couple of songs on the guitar. I'm not great, but I'm alright. I can play the keyboard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭i didn't do it

tried to learn a good few years ago and never have the time to try again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah guitar but don't care much for it. Much prefer the piano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I hate people who list out all the instruments they can play. Once you can play one, you can play 'em all.

While I'm on the the topic, I play guitar,bass,piano,drums,harmonica,bazouki and ukulele :P

Advertisement