Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you play the guitar?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Had an Ex that could play, does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Sweet wrote: »
    Once you can play one, you can play 'em all.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Black_Venom

Being playing since last year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Can you play the guitar?

Yeah, like a motherfukkin' riot (I've a jack russel though not a dalmation). Started teaching myself how to play about a year ago, took a while to get into it but start chewing the ends of my fingers off from the withdrawl now if I don't play it for longer than a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I play bass and accordian. Nothing like a good trad session! :D Beats those Damian Rice wannabe ****ehawks at parties, killing the good times :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I can play a bit but I'm not great. Wouldnt play for a crowd (no matter how small) or anything like that. Started to learn to play around 19 years ago now, progression has been slow to say the least ... I kinda go into phases of wanting to learn to play a few tunes and then not being ársed so usually just download chords/tab whenever I hear something I like.

Once tried to impress a girl with my guitaring ability ... as a previous poster said, Chicks dig guitar ... unfortunately she wasnt into my rendition of the Enter Sandman riff :o

My worst problem though is that I cant sing to save my life ... sound like a cat being dropped into hot chip oil, so when I'm trying to play and sing along nothing sounds right :o

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Dave! wrote: »
    Kinda redundant since bass is just fake guitar :pac:

I've been playing guitar since I was 13 or so

Rubbish. I play guitar and know a few good bassists. Its easy to play simple bass lines but to be good is as hard as being good on guitar. In some ways bass is a lot less forgiving then guitar.

Advertisement