Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Gig this Friday in Cleere's

Options
  • 29-07-2008 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ok, I get how I (under 'Pancake House') was banned before - just posting up a press release in a couple of forums without saying anything else. I didn't realise that I was been warned against doing what I was doing as I didn't check my private messages. My bad.

But I really don't see how telling people in the Kilkenny City forum about a show that's happening in their town isn't 'contribut[ing] to the forum'.

This is a forum for Kilkenny City and I'm telling people about something that's happening in Kilkenny City, hence contributing to the forum.

Sorry if my posts don't revolve around talking about stag nights and sex shops, which clearly do contribute to a better online community.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Last line is a good point.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You would have been better of PM'ing the mod or taking thisd to feedback I'd say

EDIT
    Also you do know that re-reging an account is against boards.ie rules so if Pancake House was also you your most likely going to get banned again...I see you posted press release before :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055274219&highlight=Pancake+House

afaik the bottom line about this type of thing on boards is, if you want to advertise either start your own site or pay for adverts on boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I suggest you talk to Sully. He is the mod that banned you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Free Pan Pan Etc..... It's hardly fair IMHO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Pan Pan wrote: »
    Sorry if my posts don't revolve around talking about stag nights and sex shops, which clearly do contribute to a better online community.

Down with that sort of thing:(, this place has gone to the dogs since that article in the Kilkenny People

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Christ, I thought I had you banned.

Guess not. If you want to discuss this, PM me and I will explain why your banned and why your last topic got locked.

Topic Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement