Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockwool for Stove Instalation.

Options
  • 29-07-2008 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I've looked every where online for rockwool in small quantitys, I only need a handfull of the stuff for a stove installation I'm doing at the moment. Has anybody got an idea where I could get a small amount of rockwool? Don't need a bale of the stuff, any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Sorry, can't help with your query as such. However, if you find you can't get a partial roll, the excess can be used to patch up any weak points in the attic. Even if theres an even layer, insulation compacts over time and loses its effectiveness - so just roll it out over whats already there.
    Will be getting a solid fuel stove in myself over the next couple of months. Just wondering are you just putting a layer above stove - surrounding flue leading to chimney? How will it be held in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭4400kevin

Where are you located cocoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

4400kevin wrote: »
    Where are you located cocoon?

I'm in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭4400kevin

I have some I could give you but im in cavan it would hardly be worth the drive.

Thanks for the offer but the nearest I'll be to Cavan is the Moynalty steam thrashing on Aug 10th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

go into your nearest insulation company and tell them your looking to insulate your house, tell them the house is huge and ask for a quote and a good size sample of rockwool and tell them you'll be in touch:P

go into your nearest insulation company and tell them your looking to insulate your house, tell them the house is huge and ask for a quote and a good size sample of rockwool and tell them you'll be in touch:P

I like your style, ya must be a northsider too :D

Advertisement