Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw Spoilers 29/7

• 29-07-2008 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Im gonna state here that i think Bryan Danielson will be on Raw tonight vs CM Punk

Its good to see Shane O'Mac back and my guess for GM is Ted DiBiase

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Hottest free agent could be anyone, but GM will be Regal. Count on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

It could be anyone but I think it will be Danielson and now its on record hehe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Santino is Beth's bitch

Thats how he likes it!

Oh god I was worried this would happen Jerry Lawler and Duggan vs Rhodes and DiBiase

• Advertisement

GM is deffo Ted Dibiase after that switch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

EdK wrote: »

Fingers crossed!

could still be wrong but those are my thoughts exactley, great choice if the case IMO

orestes wrote: »
    Fingers crossed!

he's alive:eek:

he's alive:eek:

Hahaha! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Triumphant return of the Regal........

My guess anyway...

:D:D

Somebody please beat the piss out of Michael Cole!!!

Well that was a waste of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Oh no....bring Cole back lol

Ah jesus Adamle now too!

Who is Coffee Kingston?? lol

Shut up Adamle Jamican me crazy isnt a nickname you tool

Who is Coffee Kingston?? lol

Jamies been talking to Santino

Jamies been talking to Santino

Seems like it alright :p

I'm calling it now, Regal is the free agent and the GM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Minto wrote: »

Agreed on the free agent anyway, not sure about the GM

I'd love to see Regal back as GM and considering his suspension was up recently it could very well be.

dion ding ding... we have a correct answer

Damnit I forgot Regal was tv fired hehe

Knew it, WTF is he wearing? Must be to hide the man boobs he got from the steroids, lol!

He wont be both surprises, eh the words technically proficient free agent and the fact they were in Washington made me think with my heart instead of my head hehe

Still got a shot at Ted being GM for a 50/50 night

Knew it, WTF is he wearing? Must be to hide the man boobs he got from the steroids, lol!

It looks like a onesie :pac:

I think the GM is somewhat obvious now that it's not Regal plus
    Ted DiBiase was seen arriving to the arena before the show

Regal has been in Mizzark's wardrobe hehe

Sharp suit Jericho!

Dont get me wrong I like Jericho, but he's gotta stop doing the same promo every week

• Advertisement

Save us J2R!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Hurray for WWE

dckt5

My 1000th post is supposed to be a joyous occasion instead we get Mike Adamle as the ****ing GM could not be more unimpressed

It seems because they are paying this guy $300,000 a year they feel they need to get some use of of him when infact he is completely useless I'm sure he has vast sporting knowledge after years as a sports anchor but wrestling is clearly not his thing

**** you WWE just when I thought the turn around was approaching

What are they gonna have at WM if they give away their fresh matches on a ppv that will already sell due to HITC :mad:

Well that was a surprise!

That's it, I think I'm finally done with wwe. I gave them every chance I could and gave them the benefit of the doubt at every turn, but after tonight I just despair at the whole company.

Booking their big draw Wrestlemania main event for next year at Summerslam (and having the stupidity of acknowledging that it should be their WM main event in Cena's spot) is just insane. I don't like either of them, and it will be an awfu match, but that match would be guaranteed gold at WM for buy rates.

Mike Adamle as GM? WTF doesn't even cover it! The guy is constantly implied as useless by the rest of the announce teams, so unless they want to go down the road of the GM of the flagship show being an idiot something is gonna have to change. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they went for an Adamle being an idiot angle, saying the boss of your main show is a moron would be about par for the wwe right now I guess.

I have watched raw live pretty much every single week since it came back to Irish tv (I don't know when, but I'm sure someone on here could tell me when that was) and have stayed up till 4am every week to do so, but recently the show has just been so damnedly awful that I've been losing interest rapidly. Not even Shawn and Jericho can save it anymore. Tonight was just the last straw for me, but it's been a long time coming.

Man I wish I could watch tna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mike Adamle? Has Vince McMahon finally lost the plot? F*cking hell this is so stupid that there has to be something else at work here, right? I mean this can't be for real, right?

Ah f*ck it I might as well watch SD from now on. Even SuperHunter as champion is better than this crap!

RIP Monday Night Raw.

• Advertisement

Booking their big draw Wrestlemania main event for next year at Summerslam (and having the stupidity of acknowledging that it should be their WM main event in Cena's spot) is just insane. I don't like either of them, and it will be an awfu match, but that match would be guaranteed gold at WM for buy rates.

More people will be added to the match at summerslam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That's it, I think I'm finally done with wwe. I gave them every chance I could and gave them the benefit of the doubt at every turn, but after tonight I just despair at the whole company.

Mike Adamle as GM? WTF doesn't even cover it! The guy is constantly implied as useless by the rest of the announce teams, so unless they want to go down the road of the GM of the flagship show being an idiot something is gonna have to change. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they went for an Adamle being an idiot angle, saying the boss of your main show is a moron would be about par for the wwe right now I guess.

I have watched raw live pretty much every single week since it came back to Irish tv (I don't know when, but I'm sure someone on here could tell me when that was) and have stayed up till 4am every week to do so, but recently the show has just been so damnedly awful that I've been losing interest rapidly. Not even Shawn and Jericho can save it anymore. Tonight was just the last straw for me, but it's been a long time coming.

Man I wish I could watch tna

ROFLCOPTER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Mike Adamle? Has Vince McMahon finally lost the plot? .

People (including me) were saying the same thing when Vickie became Smackdown GM.

He wouldn't be my choice but time will tell on this one. And I think it's too soon to judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Brilliant. Anybody complaining is an absolute fool.

Adamle+live TV=TV Gold.

Apart from how much I like him, what does Vince think he's doing. 2 months ago, the WWE champion, the Intercontinental champion, Raw's new GM and the US champion were on an ECW show that nobody watched. Is he insane?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    , what does Vince think he's doing. 2 months ago, the WWE champion, the Intercontinental champion, Raw's new GM and the US champion were on an ECW show that nobody watched. Is he insane?

At the introduction of ECW, it was talked about as a developmental group for talent. So it's performing it's function I guess.

• Advertisement

At the introduction of ECW, it was talked about as a developmental group for talent. So it's performing it's function I guess.

I understand that but if people didn't watch Kane vs. Punk when it was on ECW at all, I don't see why Vince would think Kane attacking Punk on Raw would work so much better. Ratings wise it just seems like a poor decision

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I understand that but if people didn't watch Kane vs. Punk when it was on ECW at all, I don't see why Vince would think Kane attacking Punk on Raw would work so much better. Ratings wise it just seems like a poor decision

I think Vince with Raw at the moment is at a point where he is trying things out e.g. Cryme Time, Punk, Kofi, DiBiase etc.. Obviously he doesn't want bad ratings but I think he'll take the short term "hit" of losing a .1 or a .2 of a rating if it results in something clicking works long term.

Conversely too, if fans see guys coming from ECW and doing well, it's kind of an incentive for people to tune into ECW as they see that stars are coming from it.

I think Vince with Raw at the moment is at a point where he is trying things out e.g. Cryme Time, Punk, Kofi, DiBiase etc.. Obviously he doesn't want bad ratings but I think he'll take the short term "hit" of losing a .1 or a .2 of a rating if it results in something clicking works long term.

Conversely too, if fans see guys coming from ECW and doing well, it's kind of an incentive for people to tune into ECW as they see that stars are coming from it.

I can see where you are coming from but he was already using the Miz and Morrison and CM Punk to advertise ECW before the draft and that didn't work too well and most people would gladly watch The Miz and Morrison before Kofi and Shelton. It just seems like poor booking to me to put the IC title on Kofi when you have just moved Kennedy and Jeff to Smackdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ah lads I was really enjoying reading your build up to Adamle being unveiled as GM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

No more highlight reel :mad:

So will it be Kane / JBL / Y2J / CM Punk fatal four way at Summerslam?

Mike Adamle as GM :eek: Why????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

why would they get rid of the highlight reel, they can still easily do it with heel jericho it didnt just have to be a pandering to the crowd exercise!

why would they get rid of the highlight reel, they can still easily do it with heel jericho it didnt just have to be a pandering to the crowd exercise!

He has matured that and the telly is on the blink

JP Liz wrote: »
    No more highlight reel :mad:

So will it be Kane / JBL / Y2J / CM Punk fatal four way at Summerslam?

Mike Adamle as GM :eek: Why????

Y2J is dead, it is Jericho now, please edit your post accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

People (including me) were saying the same thing when Vickie became Smackdown GM.

He wouldn't be my choice but time will tell on this one. And I think it's too soon to judge.
    Bubs101 wrote:
    Brilliant. Anybody complaining is an absolute fool.

Adamle+live TV=TV Gold.

So if TNA put Don West in charge of their show are you both telling me you'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt? I very much doubt it.

This is an insane decision and smacks of desperation just like the McMahon million dollar rubbish.

I want to see a wrestling show not hear this twat be made a comedy figure due to his ignorance and stupidity.

"Tonight on Raw we're gonna have a treble threat match..."

"Treble threat match? I think he means a triple threat match, right King?"

Wow that's brilliant. I guess all the pre-teens can excitedly talk about how Adamle messes up every week from now on.

It's hard to imagine WWE's writing get any worse but now they are presumably going to give this guy instructions to botch his lines and say things like a complete muppet because he genuinely does botch his lines and act like a complete muppet.

Let's just see how the ratings pan out next week because I wouldn't be at all surprised if this move backfires on them.

This is an insane decision and smacks of desperation just like the McMahon million dollar rubbish.

It is not a long term decision thought it is an extension of the Raw is disarray storyline.
    It's hard to imagine WWE's writing get any worse but now they are presumably going to give this guy instructions to botch his lines and say things like a complete muppet because he genuinely does botch his lines and act like a complete muppet.

Everytime Mike has been on Raw he has had scripted botched lines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement