Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw Spoilers 29/7

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

So if TNA put Don West in charge of their show are you both telling me you'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt? I very much doubt it.

TNA can make Don West their champion for all I care.

Sure I would have liked Regal but I would just say give it time. Coach was a horrible announcer and he did well in his GM/lackey role. Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't but lets see how it plays it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

To be honest I'm not sure how much more of these types of episodes I can stomach. Pretending to have lights fall over, fans running on camera, having a guy deliberately screw up his words. I'm not sure who they're gearing Raw to but it seems the aim is to make it 'so bad it's good' but it's coming off to me like 'so bad I might as well not watch'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

T I'm not sure who they're gearing Raw to

This might interest you:

WWE News: WWE issues press release explaining its switch to a PG rating
    (w/Keller Analysis)
    By Wade Keller, PWTorch editor

STAMFORD, Conn., July 28, 2008 - In recognition of WWE’s family friendly programming, all of its network distributors (NBC, USA Network, SCI FI Channel, CW) now rate WWE’s weekly individual programs as PG.

WWE–produced television has long been thought of as family programming. It’s not uncommon for multiple family members across generations to enjoy the fun-filled excitement of World Wrestling Entertainment.

WWE RAW seen on USA Network, has produced more primetime episodes than any other weekly episodic television series in history, and continues to be the most highly rated weekly series on cable television. WWE’s popular SmackDown®, currently on the CW Network on Fridays at 8:00 p.m. EST, moves to MyNetworkTV in the same time slot on October 3. WWE’s ECW® is seen on the SCI FI Channel on Tuesdays at 10:00 p.m. EST (moving to 9:00 pm EST on September 30). These top-rated WWE programs attract nearly 15 million fans per week in the United States. This PG environment, as rated by the respective networks, is also consistent with WWE’s own self-regulation of its website (wwe.com), all other digital assets, and publications. WWE television programming can be seen in 130 countries and is translated into 23 languages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

rovert wrote: »
    Y2J is dead, it is Jericho now, please edit your post accordingly.

Apologises

Whether its Y2J / Jericho / Chris i'd still like to see the Highlight Reel on RAW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I just watched Raw, looks like they're trying out more new stuff. I like new stuff. I'm going to give it a chance

I think rovert's right in saying that Adamle as GM is just more of the "Raw's out of control" thing

Just got a couple of things to reply to...
    EdK wrote: »
    He wont be both surprises, eh the words technically proficient free agent and the fact they were in Washington made me think with my heart instead of my head hehe

They were in Washington DC. Danielson's from the state of Washington, that's right over the other side of the US
    I'm sure he has vast sporting knowledge after years as a sports anchor but wrestling is clearly not his thing

He's actually been known as a really bad commentator for every other sport he's done. He was definitely not hired on the basis of his commentating talent

I saw an episode of International Gladiators in my mate's house a while back, it was in England and they had Adamle commentating as a representative of the American version of the show. He was really bad on that too, getting people's names wrong and all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »
    He's actually been known as a really bad commentator for every other sport he's done. He was definitely not hired on the basis of his commentating talent

I saw an episode of International Gladiators in my mate's house a while back, it was in England and they had Adamle commentating as a representative of the American version of the show. He was really bad on that too, getting people's names wrong and all

Yeah, Adamle was known as guilty pleasure by sports fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

I know feck all about Adamle chap other than he ECW work. But as GM does he actually have any responsibilities? Surely he's just an actor now, no?

Anyway, I reckon Raw is fallin apart, and needs more of this sort of stuff:
    suplex.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I just watched Raw, looks like they're trying out more new stuff. I like new stuff. I'm going to give it a chance

I think rovert's right in saying that Adamle as GM is just more of the "Raw's out of control" thing

Just got a couple of things to reply to...

They were in Washington DC. Danielson's from the state of Washington, that's right over the other side of the US

Whoops geography never was my strong point

And I know he was a bad commentator i was saying atleast he had a knowledge in that area to bail him out, he did play Pro Football but wrestling employees should be wrestling fans to begin with, and that includes writers etc you cant hire people who know nothing about past or present wrestling and have delusions about them setting the world alight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

, he did play Pro Football but wrestling employees should be wrestling fans to begin with, and that includes writers etc

Like Freddy Prinze Junior?

• Advertisement

And I know he was a bad commentator i was saying atleast he had a knowledge in that area to bail him out, he did play Pro Football but wrestling employees should be wrestling fans to begin with, and that includes writers etc you cant hire people who know nothing about past or present wrestling and have delusions about them setting the world alight

If they were a capable commentator then they should be able to do a decent enough job under guidance. EXC, an MMA promotion, recently had to put a basketball (I think) commentator as their main guy for their big shows on CBS. He wasn't an MMA fan, and it's still clear to a hardcore MMA fan at times because he makes minor mistakes now and again. But he's done himself proud

Adamle was a bad guy to get in in the first place, but I think someone who actually was a decent commentator in some other area could do well in wrestling if they did some studying and followed some guidance

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Like Freddy Prinze Junior?

The jury is out, who knows what his job description is, whether he is actually going to write WWE or be a publicity stunt

The jury is out, who knows what his job description is, whether he is actually going to write WWE or be a publicity stunt

I can't see it being a publicity stunt. How often do WWE talk publicly about their writers?

I can't see it being a publicity stunt. How often do WWE talk publicly about their writers?

Maybe publicity stunt is a bad choice of words but just how much input will be have remains to be seen

Raw rating was a 3.6

celebrate.gif

Raw rating was a 3.6

I think Punk's retaining the title for now :)

• Advertisement

This is thread of the day lets:

celebrate.gif

again

This is thread of the day

Haha, it's been a while since this forum's got a thread of the day. I remember a while back some thread got it and it got real busy. No such luck this time. Maybe they're waiting to watch the repeat

Advertisement