Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Length of my ban a bit long?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ok clear and concise then:

did you mean your original post as nothing more than a rant about an experience?

and if so, why contradict yourself all the way through the thread?

if it was nothing more than a rant, can you see why I (and almost everyone else on the thread) interpret it in the way that we did?

also, as a mod, do you think it is fair to post about how there are people who are so 'dramatic' and get up in arms too easily, and then go on to ban a regular poster for a month (despite the fact that he was posting his banworthy post as you were issuing your 'final warning')?

6th wrote: »
    Lads, its begining to look like a pissing contest where you'll both come out looking like idiots.
    QUOTE]
    wholeheartedly agree but i don't mind looking like an idiot so that I can get some straight answers. Because right now I'm sick of the ambiguity, backtracking and contradictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Jt,

My original post was about how clueless this lad was about the gig. He was taking the head off everyone with this stuff and boring them senseless with his material. It wasnt looking for any input off anyone about DJs, just about how stupid some people can be when something in there show is clearly wrong.

You were completely unreasonable so I gave you what you wanted to hear in my comments about my war on DJs afterwards. Its stupid to think anyone would have a War on djs.

I dont think a single person would argue you didnt deserve the ban for the personal jabs you made at guys at the end. Its the charter, you get banned for violating it. I was very very easy on you before but somethings are out of line.

So are we clear man? Seriously? This is a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

sei046, you have to admit that your OP was a tad flamely or could at least be taken that way? That said the reaction to it was not the way to go about it. I mean you started the trhead with "..................OK....I know I shouldn't." ... if you want to rant then get a blog.

The thread should have been stopped before it got to the stage were the OP here got a 1 month ban. With that in mind personally I think a shorter ban would be an extension of the hand.

TBH I know what your trying to say but it wasnt an attack on anyone. It was about how clueless some people are. No one knew this person or had any reason to be offended. Do you understand what im saying like?

Its like saying there was a guy driving like a maniac on the road the other day on the motoring forum. Now imagine all the males go crazy and start defending men drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

6th wrote: »
    Lads, its begining to look like a pissing contest where you'll both come out looking like idiots.

+1

This thread just reflects the thread/banning under discussion where neither one of them covered themselves in glory.

Lads I really dont see how I did a lot wrong. What are you saying I have done wrong? The lad made two or three comments in particular which were way way out of line. He got banned.

They twisted my post into an arguement.

So what exactly did I do?

sei046 wrote: »
    Its like saying there was a guy driving like a maniac on the road the other day on the motoring forum. Now imagine all the males go crazy and start defending men drivers.
    wrong analogy again i'm afraid. Everyone thought you were getting at something (understandably - tbh i still think you did mean it as a jibe and whatnot and i don't really think i'm on my own in thinking that by a longshot).

The key to it is when you say in the OP 'if this guy is even mediocre, i have made up my mind on the dj thing'(sorry if not exact quote), thereby implying you were using this example to judge the whole.

To use your motoring analogy, it would be like saying "there was a guy driving like a maniac on the road the other day. if this is what is classed as acceptable driving by male drivers, i have made up my mind on male drivers as a whole"
    Which would indeed have all the males going crazy.

You asked me to ask you concisely yet you haven't answered.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Lads I really dont see how I did a lot wrong. What are you saying I have done wrong? The lad made two or three comments in particular which were way way out of line. He got banned.

They twisted my post into an arguement.

So what exactly did I do?
    Personally, I don't think your thread should have been a thread.

It should have been a post on your personal blog, because it certainly wasn't discussion-worthy. I mean, what were you looking for from it? What reply could anyone have given?

JT i think its clear you misunderstood the post. It took i dunno how many pages to actually have any sort of discussion on such a simple bloody topic. Me and sav were talking about pushing the PAs beyond their limits. Look at the rubbish i had to sort through to get to that.

What sort of forum is like that. Deal with pages of personal agendas to get to a point.

He took it up wrong got the lads riled up about nothing, got too personal, got banned. End of story.

• Advertisement

Jt no that analogy is wrong.

Look you dont listen to anyone, that much is clear. I have told you a million times i should have included a smiley. My bad. I will take a years banning for not including a smiley. You look for a fight everywhere you go, this was another one, same old same old. I have tried a million times to compromise, sort it out or whatever and your not interested.

Your a troublemaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Look you dont listen to anyone, that much is clear. I have told you a million times i should have included a smiley. My bad. I will take a years banning for not including a smiley. You look for a fight everywhere you go, this was another one, same old same old. I have tried a million times to compromise, sort it out or whatever and your not interested.

Your a troublemaker.

sorry someone else's profile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

JT i think its clear you misunderstood the post.QUOTE]
    oops wrong account

Your a troublemaker.
    1. My analogy is not wrong whatsoever. Anybody who understands rationale will see that.
    Smilies or no smilies my stance on your motoring analogy is completely correct. If you do not think so, please study logic and explain why it is not.

2. I asked you questions concisely as you asked me to, and you have not responded. now who's not listening?

3. I have tried a million times to stop you backtracking and you're still attempting to.

4. I am a troublemaker? Is that not personal abuse?

Look you really want me to shut up because I've pointed out why you were wrong and I've pointed out why your defense is wrong.

Could you please answer my concise questions which i posted a few posts back, one by one?
    Without calling me a troublemaker or telling me to drop it.

I did answer. Look your not going to be happy until I say your right and what not.

Your right. Talk to a mod about getting the ban lifted. Throw what toys are left in your prom out and get your way because lets be honest about it you going to keep going on and on and on and on and hear what you want to hear. Chat to a mod about getting the ban lifted. You have my best wishes if it means you stop wasting my time

You look for a fight everywhere you go, QUOTE]

sei it's easy enough to go through my post history. if you have (which you should have before saying something like the above), you'll see that is not the case whatsoever.

so far you have

1. called me a troublemaker
    2. said i look for a fight wherever i go
    3. said i don't listen
    4. said i wouldn't say what i was saying in real life.
    any other personal jabs you want to throw in?

I did answer.

where?

but it wasnt an attack on anyone. It was about how clueless some people are. .

surely a post about how clueless people are IS an attack on someone.

come on that's really basic stuff now sei.

Your right. Talk to a mod about getting the ban lifted. Throw what toys are left in your prom out and get your way because lets be honest about it you going to keep going on and on and on and on and hear what you want to hear. Chat to a mod about getting the ban lifted. You have my best wishes if it means you stop wasting my time

Sei, you pulled this stunt before where you disregard an entirely rational critique of your posts as 'someone just hearing what they want to hear'.

It's really not on.

We can both agree your not getting anywhere here, Stop bumping this thread and Pm me will you. Everyone here is done with this little tiff, you started wasting everyones time after you got your answer. PM me if your problem is with me or get on to some other mods. Stop bumping this trainwreck

• Advertisement

We can both agree your not getting anywhere here, Stop bumping this thread and Pm me will you. Everyone here is done with this little tiff, you started wasting everyones time after you got your answer. PM me if your problem is with me or get on to some other mods. Stop bumping this trainwreck

sei when you backtrack like you did, get personal (after you banned me for being personally insulting) and then refuse to answer my questions after requesting them, I am not going to let that type of thing go.

Did you ban me by pm? No. So we'll have it out here thank you very much. Where everyone can see how at fault you were from the beginning.

Hold on a minute. They told you you should have been banned. They told you you should have been banned long ago. End of story. Im finished replying. Go on ranting here and lets see where you get. I would advise you to go to some higher powers and ask them to deal with me because I have put up with your nonsense for too long. You can get some other mod or SMod or something to deal with me. Your incapable of reason, logic or having any common sense and whereas I use to be able to laugh at you, your just in the way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Ban was justified.

Whether the OP in the offending thread was right/wrong is irrelevant. Your posts were flaming and you failed to heed warning on thread.

Moderator Sei046 has admitted that his initial post was not clear, and has apologised for this. If the forum is quite busy but the other mods are too busy to check it then another dedicated mod might be useful to prevent this re-occuring.

IMO, Sei046, you need to get mean so that the forum gets cleaned up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I think the original question has been answered and the subsequent pissing contest is now abruptly ended.

If there are personal issues here please try to sort them like grown men/women.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement