Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best sniper rifle

Options
  • 29-07-2008 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hey lads,totally new at this and looking for advice on the best sniper rifle to buy all replies greatly appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

How longs a piece of string?

Well first off there is no 'best' it where

I would say if your new to airsoft normal your best option would be a aeg, this would live you the same performance of a sniper rifile with the upside of having auto and being able to be used in other roles.

A lot of people new to the sport and have an image of sniping in airsoft it is not the same we are all limited to the 1j, airsoft sniping is more about the consistency of shots and for me field craft, think hard about what you want to do before investing in any hardware, as i said snipeing in airsoft is not like in real life and the movies the role does not transfer well to the world of airsoft.

Sorry for the rant but your question i've heard a lot before and when its asked the person is normally looking for the best so they can for fill a movie image and one shot one kill everyone from range.

how much are you looking to spend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jayonaise

thanks for being honest puding,about 300 would be my limit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jay, my first proper airsoft gun was a VSR 10, forked out over 200 yoyo's for it! Granted I wasnt going to be skirmishing, so had no aspirations of being another Tom Berenger :P. Anyway, about a year later I got a JG Aug and I have to say, the AUG is FAR more accurate than the stock VSR and nearly half as cheap!! It allows you to snipe fairly effectively as well as lay down a burst of shots in full auto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i would recomend that you get a tm p90 which can be silenced quite easily and effectivaly and a scope

this

the thing i like about using a tm p90 for sniping is its highly accurate outathe box very easy to upgrade and its also veryu light and small so you can crawl into the easiest little places to hide and maintain good maneuverability

you can also use it on full auto for when you need to moive location

if you don't want to skirmish you will still find it a very rewarding rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

VSR-10 gspec is the best sniper rifle going because of pure accuracy, range and quietness even with a lowish fps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

You have to deside what role you want: sniper or marksmen.
    for sniper - VSR-10 would be the best: but be ready to fire 10 bb's in a day.
    marksmen - any long barrel auto rifle will do. Great example JG AUG. Allow some money for a mid caps.

P90 has a short barrel but people regard it as a great long rang aeg. Can't coment on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

accuracy is not soley governed by the length of the barrel the quality of the hop is more important

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

A good hop will give a consistent range and bb drop, barrel length, bore and quality all affect accuracy.

If you are interested in a decent sniper, a JG bar10 is a clone of the vsr, and is meant to be very good out of the box, an aftermarket hop and barrel would further improve it, and its very quiet.

Any aeg can have good accuracy and range similar to a spring rifle, its the quietness that makes the springer more useful for stealth or playing sniper in airsoft.

;)
    Tigger wrote: »
    i would recomend that you get a tm p90 which can be silenced quite easily and effectivaly and a scope

this

the thing i like about using a tm p90 for sniping is its highly accurate outathe box very easy to upgrade and its also veryu light and small so you can crawl into the easiest little places to hide and maintain good maneuverability

you can also use it on full auto for when you need to moive location

if you don't want to skirmish you will still find it a very rewarding rifle

it seams like i have a lot to learn about this sport :),but looking forward to getting started, thaks for all your help lads:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Flashweaver

Well i dunno but this baby is pretty damn good!:cool: The DSR-124201274_1209895391_dsr1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

I'd say a M16 would be good for sniping and it has full auto,not to mention its long barrel for great accuracy.

This:http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_47&products_id=41

It takes a large type battery which lasts longer on the skirmish field and its a Tokyo Marui which have a good reputation for high quality products.

Here's the battery it takes:http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_91&products_id=569

Any other battery like that can be used as long as its a large type and 2000 or less mAh.This applies to that gun and any other Tokyo Marui aeg's that takes a large type battery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

There's also the G3 SG1 , there's both a TM and JG version available
    Its got a long barrel , great hop-up , very accurate , full auto and large battery storage.
    Its also fricking beautiful

g3-sg1-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Renius

Might be a stupid question but do airsoft global ship direct to Ireland? Has anyone bought from them as they have an excellent array of uber sexy weaponry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

yes airsoftglobal do ship to ireland i;ve done a lot of business with them and would highly recommend them to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

what i find funny is that there is only mention of two snipers in this thread.having an aeg is not sniping this is simply marksman if in anyway the gun looks like a marksman or sniper rifle.a p90 has no place in the snipers arsenal as a primary weapon it is a cqb gun. @op as pudding said sniping in airsoft is not like in the movies if ya want to be a sniper you need to be patient.i see a lot of people post up one week looking for info about sniping and selling there sniper the next week in adverts ha.try and get a game in with a sniper and see if ya like it first and one with an aeg but remember if it has a battery its not a sniper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Renius

Excellent news about airsoft global! i know where all my money is going in the future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

I had a good look around for snipers latley and most sound advice said the jing gong bar 10 is the best value.@170e
    Then you will still have moneyfor a side arm pistol or a cheap galaxy mp5 @90e which means you can change roles if needed too.

My advice is to go to fingal, the orchard, and rent the two types of guns and see which you like.

I have only been at this a while but I have 7 completly different types of guns, a grenade, walkie talkies, full army feild gear masks, mesh, and plenty of silly extras!

So don't worry you will buy many guns etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

skapegoat wrote: »
    I had a good look around for snipers latley and most sound advice said the jing gong bar 10 is the best value.@170e
    Then you will still have moneyfor a side arm pistol or a cheap galaxy mp5 @90e which means you can change roles if needed too.

My advice is to go to fingal, the orchard, and rent the two types of guns and see which you like.

I have only been at this a while but I have 7 completly different types of guns, a grenade, walkie talkies, full army feild gear masks, mesh, and plenty of silly extras!

So don't worry you will buy many guns etc.

i have to disagree with ya on the bar10 man iv never used a less accurate weak gun in my life.the bolt annoys me the most tho its horrible.and it sounds like its in pain.i have used the vsr,bar10,styre ssg,l96,and the aps 2 that eirsoft have and all round the best rifle in my oppinion is the aps2.it looks beautiful especially with the sun shade attached to the scope.the bolt is really smooth,the whole gun is solid as a rock not to light not to heavy,great feel to it extremely accurate.and it only 190 in eirsoft and comes with bi pod and speed loader and best of all its not an aeg meaning it a real sniper.this is a must buy guys

Advertisement