Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne - Celtic XI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

DSB wrote: »
    As Xavi said, I don't support Rangers at all. I couldn't even name that much of their first 11, I could name a few. I just don't like Celtic. If Rangers play them I hope Rangers win, if Ajax play them I hope Ajax win, if Dunfermline play them I hope Dunfermline win, if Sporting Fingal play them I hope they draw.

Why? Because its the maddest thing you can say on here without getting canned by the mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Its very, very, interesting that the bulk of the anti-Celtic bile on this site comes from Shels fans acting the hardman behind their keyboards.

I would have said it to your face, but you got me mixed up with someone else.

I'm not a Rangers fan, but I have been actively hating Celtic for a goodly number of years now.

Whoever they play, I'd hope they'd lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

This to me is very telling. The Irish captain suffered some vile racial abuse and your response is a flippant :rolleyes:.

If he got the treatment because of the colour of his skin would you be so blazé?

Sorry but if you come out as a 'hardcore' Celtic fan and end up playing in Ibrox then that's what's gonna happen. Rightly or wrongly you just have to deal with it.

It's refreshing to know that Celtic are most certainly above dishing out similar abuse.
    Its very, very, interesting that the bulk of the anti-Celtic bile on this site comes from Shels fans acting the hardman behind their keyboards.

Who's being a hardman? Has anyone threatened you? Are you feeling vulnerable? Of course you aren't so quit sprouting shite trying to get a rise.

Celtic and Rangers are just football clubs to me, nothing more, nothing less.

Why? Because its the maddest thing you can say on here without getting canned by the mods?

Why should he (or I ) like Celtic? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

No because I hate the attitude over here that if you aren't a Celtic fan you're some sort of Protestant or 'Hun'. I have no affinity towards Celtic as they're a foreign club and I've never even been to Scotland, and I despise the idea that certain people expect me to. I despise the idea that a club that have probably never played a home match in Ireland in their existence are considered Irish, and that at every Ireland home match, the Celtic jersey is worn as the 2nd choice jersey for if maybe the Ireland jersey is in the wash. I despise that Celtic fans chant about Sinn Fein and the IRA, and quite frankly I just don't like Celtic very much at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

who's acting hardman? Seriously, the logic in this thread baffles me! :)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why should he (or I ) like Celtic? :confused:

you are missing the point. Why the intense dislike and abuse directed towords them, after all they are 'just another British club'?

Des wrote: »
    I would have said it to your face, but you got me mixed up with someone else.

I'm not a Rangers fan, but I have been actively hating Celtic for a goodly number of years now.

Whoever they play, I'd hope they'd lose.

why?

seriously?

why?

seriously?

You want me to go through all of that with you.

Again.

Search function tbh.

you are missing the point. Why the intense dislike and abuse directed towords them, after all they are 'just another British club'?

Short answer? I hate the tools in Dublin who 'support' them and give them a bad name. It's great seeing them pissed off when they lose.

If there were Rangers fans like that in Dublin then I'd be of the same opinion.

• Advertisement

The other 1s aren't masqueraded as Irish. Except maybe Sunderland, who I can't stand either.

Short answer? I hate the tools in Dublin who 'support' them and give them a bad name. It's great seeing them pissed off when they lose.

If there were Rangers fans like that in Dublin then I'd be of the same opinion.

bull. you follow man city and they have one of the nastiest, right wing hooligan firms in britain. you follow shels despite their schoolgans ripping up drumcondra every second friday. they arent tools?

celtic fans are no better or worse than other overseas football fans.

try harder, thats not it.

The other 1s aren't masqueraded as Irish. Except maybe Sunderland, who I can't stand either.

Why is a sports club founded by the Irish, for the Irish, not entitled to celebrate its Irish roots? :confused:

bull. you follow man city and they have one of the nastiest, right wing hooligan firms in britain. you follow shels despite their schoolgans ripping up drumcondra every second friday. they arent tools?

Lol using the term 'one of' very loosely there. Certainly not even near the league of your West Hams, your Millwalls and your Cardiffs. Sure we have our few troublemakers, and I've never tried to sugar coat that.

And I don't think anyone has ever condoned the schooligans.
    celtic fans are no better or worse than other overseas football fans.

try harder, thats not it.

Look at my point again. These idiots are acting the bollox in DUBLIN over a SCOTTISH club. I wouldn't mind nearly as much if it was a bunch of Pats or Rovers fans running about doing it but these clowns are supporting Celtic for 'political' reasons, reasons which they most likely have little or no knowledge about. They do it not for the passion of supporting the club but because they feel they are obliged to as it's the cool thing to do.

I have no bother at all with proper Celtic fans who support them through and through. Unfortunately the vast majority of my dealings with the club have revolved around the people intent on giving the club a bad name.

That is why I hate them.

Why is a sports club founded by the Irish, for the Irish, not entitled to celebrate its Irish roots? :confused:

If they were Irish, they'd play in Ireland, not in Scotland, or in England if they got half the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Jealousy mate. That's the only reason I can think of. They feel so threatened about Celtic and so insecure as a result of it that they hate them. Suprisingly one of them actually admits to following Man City, now that's a walking contradiction of previous points that he was making.

These people are willing to associate themselves with, and ignore, sectarianism and racism as a result of it.

Sad sad people really.

If they were Irish, they'd play in Ireland, not in Scotland, or in England if they got half the chance.

Can you actually understand basic English? I suggest you read his post again.

Jealousy mate. That's the only reason I can think of.

Lulz, that's the best you came up with? The drawing board is thata way
    >
    They feel so threatened about Celtic and so insecure as a result of it that they hate them.

Again with the lulz. Why am I jealous and threatened by Celtic?
    Suprisingly one of them actually admits to following Man City, now that's a walking contradiction of previous points that he was making.

Don't think there are people running around Dublin wearing City jerseys as part of a skanger uniform looking to keep the 26 county Ireland. In fact, good luck spotting a City jersey in the first place.
    These people are willing to associate themselves with, and ignore, sectarianism and racism as a result of it.

Yeah I'm actually just headin off to touch up the ink on the swastika tattoo on my forehead :rolleyes:
    Sad sad people really.

:rolleyes:

And with that, the entire Irish forced emigration of the 19th century just brushed over. If they had half a chance they wouldn't have needed to go to Scotland.

Idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

OhNoYouDidn't gets a yellow card

• Advertisement

Look at my point again. These idiots are acting the bollox in DUBLIN over a SCOTTISH club. I wouldn't mind nearly as much if it was a bunch of Pats or Rovers fans running about doing it but these clowns are supporting Celtic for 'political' reasons, reasons which they most likely have little or no knowledge about. They do it not for the passion of supporting the club but because they feel they are obliged to as it's the cool thing to do.

I have no bother at all with proper Celtic fans who support them through and through. Unfortunately the vast majority of my dealings with the club have revolved around the people intent on giving the club a bad name.

That is why I hate them.

I've heard it all now. Celtic fans starting unnamed trouble in Dublin because its 'cool'. What bad name have Celtic fans got?

This is insane stuff.

PHB wrote: »
    OhNoYouDidn't gets a yellow card

As someone who had family emigrate around that time, I find DSB's comments to be ignorant to the point of offensive. As were his comments on the diaspora and who can and cannot call themselves Irish.

He is fast approaching the R word with his postings.

I've heard it all now. Celtic fans starting unnamed trouble in Dublin because its 'cool'. What bad name have Celtic fans got?

Ok fair enough, Celtic fans are the nicest in Ireland. Sound bunch of lads, good craic etc. I do apologise.
    This is insane stuff.

No more insane than you believing that we should all support Celtic and hate Rangers.

As someone who had family emigrate around that time, I find DSB's comments to be ignorant to the point of offensive. As were his comments on the diaspora and who can and cannot call themselves Irish.

You couldn't have just said that, instead of getting personally abusive?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He is fast approaching the R word with his postings.

Ignorant to the point of offensive? Grow up. It's an opinion. There's no reason to include idiot at the end of you post. If you can't hack it, post somewhere else.
    End of discussion here. If you want to talk about it more, PM me. Otherwise shush.

No more insane than you believing that we should all support Celtic and hate Rangers.

I don't.

But any Irishman who 'hates' Celtic with the vitriol some of you do have an agenda. Doubly so when Rangers are not tarred with the same brush.

What do you believe that agenda to be?

It's actually painfully easy to beat you in an argument.

Derry City
    Berwick Rangers
    Swansea City
    Wrexham

are just a number of clubs that play in a league outwith their own "country".

And with that, the entire Irish forced emigration of the 19th century just brushed over. If they had half a chance they wouldn't have needed to go to Scotland.

Idiot.

So why the interest into moving to the English Premier League then?

• Advertisement

So why the interest into moving to the English Premier League then?

cash.gif

It's actually painfully easy to beat you in an argument.

Derry City
    Berwick Rangers
    Swansea City
    Wrexham

are just a number of clubs that play in a league outwith their own "country".

Well they do still play in their own country. But that aside, given the chants that were chanted by the Rovers fans at Derry fans which OhNoYouDidn't found so funny, this idea would be something that isn't solely directed at Celtic, albeit with somewhat different circumstances.

What do you believe that agenda to be?

In your case, its easier to 'blame' Celtic for Shels awful crowds and assume if they didn't exist you would be turning them away. It would be nice if that hate was applied across all the British sides people have an affinity for in Ireland, but I won't hold my breath

In others its political in nature. The Sindo reader type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

so what was the final score then?

In your case, its easier to 'blame' Celtic for Shels awful crowds and assume if they didn't exist you would be turning them away. It would be nice

:eek:

LoI poor crowds are down to a number of things.

Yes, the obsession with football in Britain is one of those factors. You can't deny that.

I certainly don't think that if this obsession with Celtic wasn't there, then Shels would be turning people away from an overcrowded Tolka Park.
    In others its political in nature. The Sindo reader type.

I don't read the Sindo.

cash.gif

What other reasons would there be?

• Advertisement

Vhat othder reazons vuld der be Meester Bond?

One might have thought that the club would care that much about its roots though? Or does that go out the window when money is available?

What other reasons would there be Mr X?

Why are you using my full name on this message board?

Your intimidation tactics are childish.

I now have you on ignore, and won't be responding to your messages any more.

Thanks

Des

Bringing personal details on here is indeed low.

Why are you using my full name on this message board?

Your intimidation tactics are childish.

Intimidation???

We have mutual friends... I thought you knew who I was???

Post deleted and no harm meant. I offer apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well he uses bobby sands name in full flow so I wouldnt be surprised at this.

• Advertisement

Bringing personal details on here is indeed low.

Eh... he goes by his first name, I'd say it was him that chose that.

Intimidation???
    Yep
    We have mutual friends... I thought you knew who I was???

How in the name of fúcking jaysis would I know who the fúck someone with the screen name "Bobby fúcking Sands" is.

For fúck sake.

Post deleted and no harm meant. I offer apologies.

Apology NOT accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Um many can go by their first name, dragging someones Family name into anything fair play to ya bhoy.

You posted my surname.

Now, what possible reason would you have for that, other than "letting me know" you knew who I was??

There are alot of people called Des in the country. Adding a 2nd name in is alot more specific.

What other reasons would there be?

This is a mole hill.

Yep

How in the name of fúcking jaysis would I know who the fúck someone with the screen name "Bobby fúcking Sands" is.

For fúck sake.

Apology NOT accepted.

This is a mountain.

Why on earth would I have the slightest interest in trying to intimidate you??? I am an adult, I am well able to debate a point without reorting to childish behaviour.

Once again I apologise for any offence, the post was only up for less than a minute, and I took it down as soon as I realised you had a problem with it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Ok folks back on topic bobbysands81 is having some time out.

To be fair Des, I know BS and I can assure you, it isn't his style. He shouldn't have posted your surname, but you have gone OTT here, especially considering you know each other in the real world. If your real name is that sacrosanct, DesF was not the wisest of handles.

Perhaps you can all cool down and all hit the edit buttons....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Thanks for the read lads for whats been a pathetically boring bank holiday for me:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Ok folks for the last time keep this thread On Topic,I am been nice here this is my second warning anything after this post which is not on topic will be met with an instant ban.The matter has been dealt with.

I will review some other post now and see if any more action is needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement