Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shelbourne - Celtic XI

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

On topic, I reckon Forsythe was the big revelation from this match, and he definitely went on to fulfill the potential he showed against Celtic, with 2 on Friday against Athlone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Shelborne would have got their arses skelped if Celtic were anyway interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shelborne would have got their arses skelped if Celtic were anyway interested

No way?

A Full time, professional outfit, with one of the biggest fanbases in the world would have beaten a part time outfit, playing their reserve team with players from other sides reserves in it, would have "skelped" them?

Nice bit of insight there bud.

This night was for nothing other than "skelping" a few quid from the Celtic-wearing brigade.

Money which is very welcome at Shels.

Thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No way?

A Full time, professional outfit, with one of the biggest fanbases in the world would have beaten a part time outfit, playing their reserve team with players from other sides reserves in it, would have "skelped" them?

Nice bit of insight there bud.

Stating the obvious for the benefit of those who cannot see past their chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Is there curry on these above mentioned chips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

He should storm out get his debts wiped and get a stadium finished for him by TCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

DSB wrote: »
    I don't know any Shels fans that are Rangers fans. I'm as happy if its Aberdeen or Hearts that beats Celtic.

But why?

Do you think the 5000 (lets assume) Irish fans in Celtic Park would be at LOI games if it wasnt for the existence of Glasgow Celtic? Most of the matches arent even on the same days ffs.

It is all the same kettle of fish as the hatred of Sunderland. Now, they are not a particularly entertaining team to watch, and apart from Andy Reid they are home to our poorer going nowhere fast players, and yes, Id rather see Hunt play for Reading in the CShip and get results than play for what I predict will be eternal mid table/relegation survivors. And yes, I think some people somewhat over rate Roys contribution to the national team during his career. But I wouldnt mind seeing them make a good run of it. But the hatred of them from EL fans here is laughable. Maybe the Sunderland jersey wearers would have bought Shels or Bohs jerseys if they could actually be got in your local sportswear store. It is nobodys fault bar the clubs for not promoting themselves enough.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Short answer? I hate the tools in Dublin who 'support' them and give them a bad name. It's great seeing them pissed off when they lose.

If there were Rangers fans like that in Dublin then I'd be of the same opinion.

Under two hours north of here is East Belfast.

Instead of the IRA tatoo of your stereotypical Celtic schwar here, they have the UDA one.
    A No Surrender car window sticker in place of the Tiocfaidh ar La one down south
    Carling instead of Dutch Gold
    Some other sh1tebag favourite band instead of Aslan

And so on. Undesireable fans exist for each and every team. Two of the biggest racists Ive ever known have been devoted Man U fans (one of those lads also supports England over Ireland. ffs....)

edit function aint working.

Above was in progress before I read this page/DUB13 post......

shane86 wrote: »
    edit function aint working.

Above was in progress before I read this page/DUB13 post......

Haha yeah I won't reply to those points for obvious reasons. But you can trust that it would have been an amazing and insightful response;)

• Advertisement

Haha yeah I won't reply to those points for obvious reasons. But you can trust that it would have been an amazing and insightful response;)

I wouldnt mind hearing it :)

Mods, tbh the thread was derailed from the off when Gavin shels took a dig at....whatever it was....Im not arsed checking but it probably had the words "fleece" or "goons" in it. Seeing as nobody seems to have even been at the match, and therefore that discussion is probably all but dead, cant we just let this one run?!!?

shane86 wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind hearing it :)

Mods, tbh the thread was derailed from the off when Gavin shels took a dig at....whatever it was....Im not arsed checking but it probably had the words "fleece" or "goons" in it. Seeing as nobody seems to have even been at the match, and therefore that discussion is probably all but dead, cant we just let this one run?!!?

I was at the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Moi aussi, although the match itself wasn't half as entertaining as this thread! :) Forsyth looked good for Shels, and I was suprised at how poor Riordan was, especially in the first half, but I suppose you can't blame him for not being motivated!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Short answer? I hate the tools in Dublin who 'support' them and give them a bad name. It's great seeing them pissed off when they lose.

Not wishing to single out any particular post, but I think this pretty much sums up the beliefs of a lot of people who post here.

What I would just say is that this is the attitude that annoys the genuine Celtic supporters who also post on here. It's a soccer forum, not an exclusive club for fans of any one league, or any one team.

I don't mind what peoples' preferences are. I don't think it's right though for people to just "hate the tools who support" teams (only in Dublin :confused::confused::confused:). That's what the Celtic fans who have been posting here are pissed off about, and personally I can totally see their point as I'm a (Dublin bases) Celtic fan.

I don't condone name-calling, or people posting other users full names - it's not the way to have a discussion. However, this blanket belief that all Celtic supporters are fakes, or not as genuine as EL supporters, or are lesser fans, or are tools etc. is just as unhelpful and unfortunately gets people wound up enough to get themselves banned.

There's idiots supporting every club. That's Premiership side, SPL sides, EL sides, Dutch sides, German sides and so on. In Ireland, some people associate themselves with Celtic as some sort of statement of republicanism. Ditto with both Celtic and Rangers in the six counties. Ditto with Chelsea loyalists. Some English Man Utd supporters hate their national team and chant about it. So what? Yet there does appear to be a constant focus on these types of Celtic fans on this forum when there's any discussion involving Celtic, aside largely from the SPL thread thankfully.

It's getting boring to be honest. Believe what you want to believe, but to constantly bring up the same old stuff time and time again is just pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

The hypocrisy of the likes of Gavin Shels, Xavi, DSB etc... who slate Irish folks for not supporting their local club so they then support another club that hates them cos they are Irish?

You're like kids that never got any attention growing up so this is your way of getting noticed.

Go over to Ibrox and see how well you get received.

This is how Graham Spiers in the Times chronicled Robbie Keane's debut for Liverpool

"Long before the end of this the Rangers fans, having got off their usual steam about Keane, an Irish Catholic, despoiling the Ibrox turf, had slunk towards the exits, with not even a rousing rendition of God Save The Queen to satisfy their sophisticated taste buds"

...yet you guys are more than happy to link yourself to an institutionally sectarian and racist football club out of protest and to make a point??? Give me a break lads.

Once again, Mr Sands, how about being Pro-Celtic instead of anti Rangers for a change?
    Are people not well within their rights to just not like Celtic?

No one has linked themselves with Rangers in this thread with the exception of myself.

As for bringing Irish folk to Ibrox, i have done so on numerous occasions and havnt seen any trouble, one lad even goes by the name of Teague!
    I go most weeks.
    SO you can shove you malicious bull**** where the sun dont shine.

And is Graham Spiers the best you can do? Why dont you just go and read the Sun, your not far off it with him in all honesty.

I'd consider editing lads, having looked in the feedback section theres already been 2 bannings from postings in the thread, and there was a warning that any other offtopic posts would get one, so just a heads up, incase someone gets banned without knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I'd consider editing lads, having looked in the feedback section theres already been 2 bannings from postings in the thread, and there was a warning that any other offtopic posts would get one, so just a heads up, incase someone gets banned without knowing.

I understand what your saying DSB, but i feel i have every right to defend my club, and the vast majority of its supporters from malicious remarks like this.

Ive realised now that he cant reply, but im fairly sure he knows he can read it.

Advertisement