Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new club captain??

Options
  • 29-07-2008 4:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

now that keane is gone, and lets face it ledley has been semi-retired for the best part of two seasons, who will Ramos turn to as new captain. I'd imagine ledley king will remain as "club captain" but for purposes of the pitch who would you like to see? Beyond King I'd be happy to see Woodgate take the role, but that is partly cos I really really rate Woodgate and partly cos I cant think of anyone else who would fit the bill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya see its hard to know who is a strong character off the pitch that the team respects. it was pretty obvious that robbie had the backing of the team. I'm not sure would i pick woodgate i know its very hard to pick someone else can't see lennon jenas or Hudd doing much in the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I see Jenas has been given the vice captaincy role, bit suprised considering we have Woodgate, maybe he did'nt want to appoint another possible crock seeing as King already has question marks over his fitness ???

Advertisement