Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link from individual post to thread?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 8:21am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This may already exist and I'm just a bit thick, but I always find it frustrating when someone links to an individual post from a thread and I can't access the thread itself to get some background. Obviously this has greate comedic effect when posts are quoted completely out of context, but there are occasionally moments when you'd like to see what the hell a post referred to.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

there should be a link to the thread above the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Top right of the post, there should be "Thread:...." and a URL.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Here's an easy way around your problem.

:P

It happens us all, some forums can't be accessed by the masses (Mods included).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Great, gang up and make a fool of me, why don't you? Couldn't one of you at least pretend to have 'just discovered' it or admit it was 'kind of hard to see'?

Tum-ti-tum.

Advertisement