Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Broken Into!

Options
  • 29-07-2008 8:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

My car was done Sunday night and a fair bit of damage too. I was just wondering before I go to the garage is it hard to get your hands on bits for a peugeot 306? they pulled the front off the dash where the stereo was and the surround to the a/c is missing aswell as the hazard switch (my indicators don't work now) and the time/temp is gone. :mad:

I don't really care about the stuff that is missing (can be replaced) but will I ever be able to get her looking like her old self?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Sorry to hear about the car... not good...
    But the good news is that the 306 is a popular car and there are a lot of second hand parts around... just call you local salvage yards and they should be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Can't you just get your insurer to sort it out? This is what fire and theft cover is for, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Can't you just get your insurer to sort it out? This is what fire and theft cover is for, right?
    Theft is theft of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

If they broke in trough a window I have found that you will never ever ever get rid of all the glass. youll still be finding it under the seats for years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭goonersnroses

How common is is to have your car broken into in Dublin?

I think the fact that I don't have an alarm made my car more likely to be targeted but they clearly targeted it for the few bits they needed for another 306.

It's not a nice feeling and one I don't want again. I know next to nothing about cars so can anyone inform me about what car alarm options I have?Should I have a blinking light installed aswell? maybe it would be enough to deter the thiefing B*****ds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

It will be tough to deter people from breaking into a car, if they want something which is visible, how long does it take to smash and grab?
    How often do you hear a car alarm and go f*cking thing waking me up and do nothing about it?
    An alarm won't do alot, keep stuff hidden, and as for being dublin, well it happens everywhere!
    Name a town in this country where you don't have one single criminal living?!
    Sometimes its the places you least expect.

However an alarm will set you back a min of €500. Good idea to have one alright, the blinking light is an advantage, but not a deterant.
    If you use sat-nav, make sure there is no suction cup marks on the window, leave nothing on the seats, not even a jumper.

And remember your always being watched, so don't just take a pile of stuff out of the car and throw it into the boot.
    I speak of experiance!

Advertisement