Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killing someone live online... Would you watch?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Not a chance...

what next, watch people having sex on the internet :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Tbh, i dont think i could watch anymore. I watched the englishman gettin beheaded in afganistan. I got such a boner i nearly passed out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

That guy who got shot in texas,you know,the important guy in the big car.Man,that was something..the LOOK on his wife's face as she tried to scramble to safety!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

If it was like "Live execution" style of things then yeah, not some random killing of people for no reason. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I just wouldn't watch it. I live in my own world where there is no evvil. Tra la, la la lah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

What if they were already dead, would you watch them decompose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

yeah

jigglywoo wrote: »
    What if they were already dead, would you watch them decompose?

Yes.. after i shot the load over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Really they should get 16 potential victims and have people vote for who they want to die.

Or, better still, vote for who you want to live and then murder the other 15.

It would certainly liven up Reality TV. And no need to put up the barrage of newly crowned Z-list celebs afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

m@cc@ wrote: »
    No and there would have to be serious questions asked of anyone who would.

Like: What is the capital of Monaco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Better not to watch and give the authorities more time to find and save the victim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Snuff movies FTW!!

Ah no seriously, who in their right mind would watch this crap? You'd have to be "touched" me thinks!

Heres a Link to a man getting decapatated in Iran.

Enjoy.

LOL Just sent mods into a frenzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

For all those who are asking "what kind of person would watch this kind of thing?" - those who watch reality TV, soap operas or Horror movies would be the main audience.

You must remember that for most of our "civilised" history, we have enjoyed watched others dying or being tortured. from recent times when there was public hangings, burnings at the stake, or being placed in stocks/racks, sometimes for crimes, other times, for insignificant moral differences with the mob.

Ancient Rome is famous for both its gladiators and also mass, violent executions of unarmed civilians at the hands of lions/bears etc. Everyone loved watching the "Games, male/female, young/old, rich/poor, moralistic/immoral etc.

Ultimately, the same feeling of pleasure is derived from watching executions/tortures as is derived from reality TV and Soaps. Mainly to do with a feeling of superiority, or a feeling that no matter how bad your life seems, theirs it a lot worse, or similar to watching "car-crash" tv, where you can't help but be fascinated by something so strange and exciting compared to your mundane life. Or perhaps you love the thrill of being disgusted

Look at all the people out there who, at some time or another, have looked at some sick sh!t on the net, saying "whoa man, that's ****ed up", yet scroll down to to the next image!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

I'm not going to click on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hhh123

I would watch goverment executions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

snyper wrote: »
    Tbh, i dont think i could watch anymore. I watched the englishman gettin beheaded in afganistan. I got such a boner i nearly passed out.

rofl

classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

snyper wrote: »
    Heres a Link to a man getting decapatated in Iran.

Enjoy.

LOL Just sent mods into a frenzy.

i thought that was gonna be a RickRoll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Munya wrote: »
    I think this would go here...
    The movie Untraceable is about a man who slowly kills people and streams their death live online. The more viewers there are, the faster the person dies. During these murders, the number of viewers watching these people being tortured to death reaches nearly 20 million, and it is only able to be viewed by people in the U.S.

My question is this: If there were a site where people were being tortured to death live and you knew that if you tuned in you'd be killing them faster, could you keep yourself from watching?

I asked this somewhere else and the responses I got were astonishing so I wanted to know how yall would answer..

Did you watch Untraceable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If it meant they died quicker then i'd log on, doesn't mean i'd have to watch though.

• Advertisement

dotsman wrote: »
    For all those who are asking "what kind of person would watch this kind of thing?" - those who watch reality TV, soap operas or Horror movies would be the main audience.

You must remember that for most of our "civilised" history, we have enjoyed watched others dying or being tortured. from recent times when there was public hangings, burnings at the stake, or being placed in stocks/racks, sometimes for crimes, other times, for insignificant moral differences with the mob.

Ancient Rome is famous for both its gladiators and also mass, violent executions of unarmed civilians at the hands of lions/bears etc. Everyone loved watching the "Games, male/female, young/old, rich/poor, moralistic/immoral etc.

Ultimately, the same feeling of pleasure is derived from watching executions/tortures as is derived from reality TV and Soaps. Mainly to do with a feeling of superiority, or a feeling that no matter how bad your life seems, theirs it a lot worse, or similar to watching "car-crash" tv, where you can't help but be fascinated by something so strange and exciting compared to your mundane life. Or perhaps you love the thrill of being disgusted

Look at all the people out there who, at some time or another, have looked at some sick sh!t on the net, saying "whoa man, that's ****ed up", yet scroll down to to the next image!
    What a load of me arse...

People who watch reality tv and horrors obviously want to watch a real person being murdered in real life:rolleyes:

Logic, where would we be without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Zee Deveel

I don't think I could watch it, I'm a total softy, but, at the same time, there is a slightly morbid curiosity that makes me wonder if I genuinely would avoid watching something like that. Particularly if it was somebody who I could have absolutely no empathy for.

What a load of me arse...

People who watch reality tv and horrors obviously want to watch a real person being murdered in real life:rolleyes:

Logic, where would we be without it.

Well as i've already said i'd watch prisoners on death row in executions, but not some random lad. I am a horror movie fan but despise reality tv shows so there is 50% truth and 50% ****e in his statement :pac:

Yeah, well, i'm a man u fan and i like horrors, but i don' think i'd watch someone being murdered. While i'm sure there are some liverpool fans who would who don't watch horrors...

It's official, football fans would watch someone being murdered, because, erm... they like football? No, wait, because half of them like horrors...

Dammit, confused even myself.

Where's that logic i mentioned? It's around here somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hell no. God no. Jesus no. Buddha no. All worshippable entities no. I can barely even watch boxing.

Also, just to point out, you could "watch it" (ie stream it) without physically watching it, if you were interested in lessening the person's suffering.

There is no logic to it, regardless of hobbies or lifestyle a lot of people would watch someone being killed live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I think to be honest I would watch it, wouldn't enjoy it but there'd be a certain morbid curiosity about it.
    I remember seeing the video of Ken Begley, yes is was certainly horrific but there was something about it also they I couldn't help watching.

Do I sound like a bit of a psycho now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've witnessed people killed for real, there's a good chance I will again. So NO, I wouldn't look to see it online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Gillo wrote: »
    Do I sound like a bit of a psycho now?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

ojewriej wrote: »
    No.

I still regret watching Saddam's hanging video.

ahhhh i couldnt i could never bring myself to watch it i know it would haunt me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Someone posted a link to the beheading of Nick Berg by an Islamic terrorist group on the politics board years ago when I modded it.

I did watch it to verify the material because I had to make a judgement call as to whether to leave it on the board or not, and it was indeed very disturbing. In the end I ended up deleting the link because I didn't want minors looking at it.

But as entertainment - no way would I watch it. I've become desensitised to a lot of things, mostly because of the Internet, but I like to think live deaths is not one of them.

Advertisement