Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is "Vibe"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Jeepers Degsy with that information you should definitely fire of an email to Garda Commissioner Fachtna Murphy then maybe another one to the FBI.

Whos vibe? Id rather not know. Its very rare you get decent graffti it would be a shame if the guy was caught and stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

OK lads - keep it constructive. Throwing cheap shots at each other turns people off.

Noopti - there is some more unusual graffiti (graffito?) near Moss Street under the railway bridge on Pearse street (unless it has been removed in the past few months).

(And here's a couple I have posted in the Dublin Picture Game).

I can see some artistic merit in this (although I dislike it):

WilliamStreetSouthCartoon.jpg

......but as for this............

WindmillLane2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Agreed Wishbone......the kind of graffiti in the 2nd pic is awful and destructive.
    The 1st is pretty good though.

Degsy,
    I examined the work I posted yesterday close up this morning, and NONE of them are cut-outs glued to the wall. So please think first before sending those little nerve impulses to your jaw muscles in future (or fingers....whatever!).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

(And here's a couple I have posted in the Dublin Picture Game).

I can see some artistic merit in this (although I dislike it):

WilliamStreetSouthCartoon.jpg

it looks like a copy of a Roy Lichtenstein piece, not exactly original. Does anyone ever notice the house on abbey street just before the epicurean hall and the guy who's outside it sometimes? Thats a pretty good example of "ethical" street art.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Bambi wrote: »
    it looks like a copy of a Roy Lichtenstein piece, not exactly original

Yeah, classic screen print 60's pop art Bambi. I know the house your talking about, it's interesting all right. Better than most crap you see everywhere. What about this fella Griff? He tags everywhere, hopeless stuff, same old griff scrawled everywhere, no artistic merit at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I've seen that horrible "Griff" name all over the shop, usually on railway bridges and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I always wonder why people don't give out about the owners of derelict property and how the buildings they let run in to disrepair are a blight on the environment. But when someone covers same building with artwork it's suddenly a horrible eyesore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Degsy wrote: »
    A load of crap thats what they are.Art-college kids gluing cut-outs onto walls.Utter,utter rubbish.

Troll, as usual

Advertisement