Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what color options do you have if plastering sand and cement no dye.

Options
  • 29-07-2008 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Having researched color renders i seem to find more and more bad infomation and experiences about them and i am now a bit put off.
    I am back to wanting not to use Dye BUT maybe to avail of a way to change the color using conventional materials.
    A sloppy sand and cement finish will be fine but we dont want to paint it and dont want it to look unpainted - we'd like to avoid white if possible and grey because thats the unpainted plaster look.
    Does anyone know how we could make it a different color, sand color would do, anythiung but gone off plaster or white.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

You can buy cement colourants from builder's suppliers. Generally only a few colours are made. They come as a powder to mix with the mortar or concrete, and to the best of my knowledge they are pigments, not dies. You need quite a lot to achieve any really dense colours.

Advertisement