Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PATRICK KAVANAGH -?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Co to Carrickmacross and it's well signposted from there. Inniskeen is in the south east of Monaghan, not hard to get to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Possibly because he's the dullest poet Ireland has ever produced???

Ah no, obviously that's only my extremely subjective opinion, but I can never bring myself to forgive him for subjecting us to "Stony Grey Soil"...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Possibly because he's the dullest poet Ireland has ever produced???

Ah no, obviously that's only my extremely subjective opinion, but I can never bring myself to forgive him for subjecting us to "Stoney Grey Soil"...;)

Also it proves how much rubbish is on youtube

Much prefer Kinsela myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

He's all right but a bit over hyped when you're in school..

that said he has some cool poems and some that are just meh.

also what is scary about his homeplace is that it IS in the middle of nowhere and there are people who know all of his poems off by heart... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

I never really like his works, found them a bit whiny or something. He just doesn't do it for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement