Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing An Immersion Timer - Timegaurd CTU9000

Options
  • 29-07-2008 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi All,
    Just moved into a new house and getting fed up with the early morning rises to switch on the manual immersion so I picked up a Timeguard CTU9000 immersion timer a few days ago and wondering if it is suitable for the existing setup.

The immersion switch at present has an on/off switch and a sink/bath switch. So 3 core power supply and 4 core out to immersion for the sink/bath switch and on/off switch.

Now am I right that the timer goes between the existing switch and the immersion firstly? On the timer switch there is an SL (switched Live to immersion), Nout (neutral to immersion), N to supply and L to supply.

Here is where I start to get lost! Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭istabraq

The supply coming in to your existing immersion switch should be wired through your new timer switch.The live and neutral of the supply connect into the live and neutral on the timer switch and the switched live and neutral out are connected to the immersion switch where the existing supply is connected before u start.Don't forget to turn off power supply first and if u are still in doubt get an electrician.Don' mess with electricity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 opalfruit

Thanks istabraq, makes sense now, power supply to timer, timer to immersion switch and then onto immersion, thanks a mil.

OF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 opalfruit

Well I wired up the Timeguard Immersion timer last night and hey presto it works!. Easy enough to do I must say. Was great to have hot water this morning without having to get up at the crack of dawn to flip the switch....happy days.

Advertisement