Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA IV Stupid deaths

• 29-07-2008 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Okay, so it's easy enough to engineer a death where you take out 16 police cars while flying upside down in the air and landing on a helicopter, but I've noticed the more I play, the more I find myself dying by doing something really stupid.

1. Yesterday, I'm blasting along and flake into the tunnel entrance from Alderney side. I smack against the side of the wall and fly out through the windscreen. No biggie. However, the tunnel is slightly sloping downwards and by the time I get up, my car is right behind me. It knocks me down and then keeps on going, ending my life. :rolleyes:

2. This was a few days ago, I'm driving along, probably being chased by cops, and I accidentally find myself heading towards a cliff. I bail out, but not in time as I roll forward and fall off the cliff. Luckily I only fall about 30 feet to some nice soft sand. Unluckily, my car has kept going, it falls over the cliff aswell and comes straight down on my head. Deadsville. :P

Any more for any more?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pfft!! I had the ultimate death in which Niko has yet reover from. I was playing GTA recently when next thing my Xbox started making these "WABAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM" noises, as if it was eating the CD. I turn off the console, check the CD, it's grand so I put it back in and now the tray won't stay closed :(

My Xbox is fried, now that's a silly way for Niko to die! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I was in the Annihilator and I jumped out over the water thinking I'd survive. But no. Fast spinning blades hurt. Dead free falling Niko was funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

corblimey wrote: »
    1. Yesterday, I'm blasting along and flake into the tunnel entrance from Alderney side. I smack against the side of the wall and fly out through the windscreen. No biggie. However, the tunnel is slightly sloping downwards and by the time I get up, my car is right behind me. It knocks me down and then keeps on going, ending my life. :rolleyes:

2. This was a few days ago, I'm driving along, probably being chased by cops, and I accidentally find myself heading towards a cliff. I bail out, but not in time as I roll forward and fall off the cliff. Luckily I only fall about 30 feet to some nice soft sand. Unluckily, my car has kept going, it falls over the cliff aswell and comes straight down on my head. Deadsville. :P

Those are really funny deaths, ive had two my self

1. Driving really fast while being chased by the cops and i come up to a roadblock right next to a subway tunnel entrance, so i take a really sharp turn going flying down the tunnel and i was going really fast (vision was going blury in-game) i meet a train coming towards me, i didnt think i'd be able to swing past it so i bail out, and after taking ages to get up from rolling over, another train comes from nowhere right behind me and bam flat out across the front of the train.

2. Was flying under a bridge with a helicopter (trying to get the achivement) was pulling up, but i pulled up to early so i hit the bridge , and the helicopter starts going up in flames so i bail out land in the water, and began to swim back to shore and was very lucky to have avoided the helicopter landing on my head, so i see a boat coming towards me so i decide to borrow it , but as it got closer i began to go to the side of the boat to jump on the side, and then as i get ready to press jump the boat at the last minute swings to its side and smacks me head on and bam im splat across the front of a boat as well as a train.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'd very little life left, then I decided to jump on top of a car, the drive reversed to shrug me off, I fell, what do ya know!?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Was being chased by a few cops which let me to being on the side of a cliff. I had the grenade pin pulled and was getting in position to throw when I fell...needless to say half way down BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Experimenting with grenades I pulled the pin and leisurely decided where I would lob it. Too long it seems.

Visually, I loved the one where I was trying to do a stunt jump on a pcj-900 (whatever it's called). Hit a low wall and sailed miles into the air. I cleared two buildings and hit a wall. Kinda went splat and slid down it. Hilarious. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Those are great.

I had one where I was being chased by cops. My car was two bullet hits away from dead, so I decided to take out a petrol station with it.
    Ilined it up, gunned it and made my exit from the moving car.

I hadnt realised there was a protective bollard in front of the pump. The car smacks it, the open door opens full out, and Niko catches rather quickly up to the car and smacks headfirst into the back of the open door!!DEAD!!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭LaMer

Tail fell off my helicopter then I steered it unsteadily over the ocean but when I jumped out Niko somehow hit the rotors and went flying off into the horizon.

Also in multiplayer, somebody was doing the swingset glitch, and their car ended up landing on my player a couple of streets away, couldnt stop laughing. My brother also says that while he was doing that glitch, he hit some guys helicopter and brought it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I got into a car and tapped the accelerator and hit a lamp post which fell and killed a pedestrian. I thought it was hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

corblimey wrote: »

QUOTE]

Ha that's brilliant, it's the best one I've heard of.My worst was when I got out of my car and got plowed out of it by a cop car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

When youre bored nothing beats walking in front of a car, forcing it to stop and then dropping a grenade! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

i remember i was driving along on a bike on one of those streets with the railway tracks above them. i crashed into a car and went flying into the air smacking into a bar on the underside of the tracks and then dropped straight down onto the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Some absolute crackers in this link. Which ones your favourite? For me its when Nico jumps off the 'Empire State Building' only to be caught in the chopper blades on the way down. :p

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Za-pD7oZzek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

i was driving along in a perfect PMP-300 id just stolen and i decided to give the hotdog man a little tap with the car....so i bearly tapped the hotdog thingy and it fcuking exploded!!!along with niko and the car!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

i was driving along in a perfect PMP-300 id just stolen and i decided to give the hotdog man a little tap with the car....so i bearly tapped the hotdog thingy and it fcuking exploded!!!along with niko and the car!!!
    I made that mistake too a couple of times too :D AFAIK There's a little gas canister by the hotdog stand (fuel to cook), which is what you probably hit :)

Advertisement